cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camp suggestions b/t Mt. Rushmore and Asheland, Nebrask?

Anaj06
Explorer
Explorer
Our family with 3 young kids have two nights between our Reservations near Mt. Rushmore and our reservations at Eugene T. Mahoney State Park in July. Anyone know a great spot to camp near the middle of these? We have a 24ft travel trailer.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
In Hot Springs SD is the Mammoth Site it is IMHO a must see stop.
This summer we are visiting this area again when we leave we are planning on stopping at Fort Robinson State Park then traveling on and spending the night at Riverside Campground Scottsbluff NB . for a total of little more than 200 miles for the day.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

taviking22
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest taking Highway 2 through the Sandhills of Nebraska- a very scenic drive. Camp at Halsey National Forest or Victoria Springs State Recreation Area. I'd also look into camping at either Chadron State Park and/or Fort Robinson State Park, tho' neither is in the middle of this part of your trip.

Safe travels!
taviking22
Omaha, NE

'06 2500HD Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ, Firestone air bags
2008 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
2012 Jayco Pinnacle 31RLTS

Anaj06
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I will research those.

Hiker_01
Explorer
Explorer
You might look at Lake McConaugy near Ogallala. Depending on if you want to spend both nights at one spot or travel and stop as you go. Fort Kearney State park is pretty neat, so is Johnson Lake SP near Lexington NE.