cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground near Cedarburg Wisconsin

stus__family
Explorer
Explorer
We will be in Cedarburg the weekend of May 3rd. for a family function. I have searched and found three campgrounds in West Bend which seem to be the closest to Cedarburg. We like places that are used by other travelers rather than full timers. Our trailer is 35 feet so larger sites with full hookups are preferred. Most of our time will be spent at sons home in Cedarburg but would like to be able to invite them to our campsite for an evening around the campfire if the weather is good.
Lake Lenwood seems to have the best rating but they insist any visitors must be out of the campground by 7:30PM. I would hate to tell them they must leave when we seldom have the chance to visit. The other listings I see are Lazy Days and Timber Trail. Can anyone comment on any of these campgrounds?
6 REPLIES 6

stus__family
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much to everyone for the replies they seem to go along with most of the opinions that came to after talking to people at the campgrounds and reading any of the reviews that I could find. The one park that sounded good was the KOA at Fond du Lac the lady that I spoke to at the KOA was very helpful to the point of going on map quest to try to help me out. I really just did not want to stay that far from Cedarburg.
Iโ€™m spoiled by our Ohio State Parks since most have at least some full hookups and some have several to choose from.

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
We once stayed at Lake Lenwood it's been awhile but was not a good campground. Way to many strict rules & lots of seasonals. Timber trails not sure if it has changed, but very tight turns with lots of trees and would be hard to negotiate with a larger trailer, Lazy Days was very run down and looked like a mobile home park. Yes it has been awhile for looking at them, so not sure if they have changed. Check out Harrington Beach.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kohler-Andrae is one of our favorites, and that's true of most other campers in Wisconsin & northern Illinois, it seems. ๐Ÿ™‚ It's always booked way ahead, especially for weekends. Harrington Beach is newer, but being in the same area, probably is catching up to K-A quickly. Both great parks, but - as mentioned - no FHU sites available; electric hookups only.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy Days caters to seasonals. Last time we looked at it, and admittedly it was many years ago when we still had a PUP, it just felt too "sardine like" without any privacy.

Two more fairly close state parks are Harrington Beach and Kohler-Andrae. Both are on the lake.

Harrington Beach is probably only 20 minutes from Cedarburg, Kohler-Andrae is maybe 35 minutes.

EDIT: Just checked, Harrigton Beach is booked, and Kohler-Andrae does have some electric available but the sites are too small for your rig. Besides, WI state parks do not have full hookups available.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
+1 on Pike Lake Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest.

"A site may be occupied by a parent or parents with their dependent children and not more than two guests, or a group of not more than six persons, regardless of age"

"The parks are closed to non-campers between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. All visitors must leave the park by 11 p.m. During closed hours, campers must be in or be enroute to their registered campsite. No camping party may set up or take down a camping unit between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m."
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
A little farther away is Pike Lake State Park just East of Hartford, a easy drive from Cedarburg down Hwy 60.