cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WI state parks and private campground will be open May 1

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
WI state parks and private campground will be open May 1. State parks will not be taking reservations until June 1. I guess that this means first come, first serve. Or maybe they are allowing previous reservations. We are having a hard time finding verifiable information. The information I just presented came from the official Wisconsin "Badger Bounce Back" web page. Our illustrious governor changes his mind about every 15 minutes these days.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired
6 REPLIES 6

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Information about the Wisconsin parks changes daily depending on which state sponsored site you are reading. Grizz272 is correct that bathrooms are closed.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
The parks will not be completely open. No access to bathrooms. You must have a annual sticker. No day passes. Attendance will be monitored. When the park is full the gate is shut until someone leaves.
I believe the story said Wednesday is cleaning day and the parks will be closed.

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Not allowing free admission when they reopen, state sticker will be required. Living 7 minutes from a SP I'm really looking forward to the reopening!

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
Great news as a group of us are heading to Door County the first of July. I knew they would be open by then but its just a great feeling for them to open as early as possible.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the parks that were closed will reopen 5/1, no camping. State park camping is scheduled to start 5/25.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
This is good news!

Along with our Northern neighbor Minnesota, listening to Twin Cities NPR this morning they indicated MN campgrounds would be reopening in the next few weeks as well.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed