cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds at Cedar Lake, Ouachita Nat'l Forest, OK

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
Below is an excerpt from my blog where I write about Sandy Beach, North Shore, Shady Lane, Lower and Upper Overflow Campgrounds in the Ouachita National Forest, Oklahoma. The full report with photos is available on my free blog, RussOnTheRoad, if you are interested. Also on the blog are many other campground and boondocking reports, prodcut reports, interviews and great photos. If you like it look for the Follow Russ text field and add your email address to receive email notices when I update the blog.

The route I was taking was from the Imperial Dam LTVA near Yuma toward Tennessee, a state I had not yet visited. I chose a route of secondary roads that would keep me off the Interstates and take me through the countryside. This was true through Arizona, New Mexico, and the panhandle of Texas. All of these places have some beautiful country including the mountains of Arizona and the gorgeous orangy-red soil of northern Texas. I also followed a secondary-roads route through another state Iโ€™d not yet been to, Oklahoma. This route was south of I-40 taking me through the Ouachita National Forest where I stayed at Sandy Beach Campground after looking also at North Shore and Shady Laneโ€“all three campgrounds are at Cedar Lake.
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com
5 REPLIES 5

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer
RussOnTheRoad wrote:
lc0338 wrote:
Propane is available @ Hodgen. I camp there about 2 times per year (Spring and Fall Break) in the Equestrian camp.
East of Hodgen in the community of Hontubby there is a store/restaurant that does a pretty good Friday night fish dinner if you need an eat out night.

Good to know. Would that be at Hodgen Butane? Do you remember?

Yes, here is the link.

https://plus.google.com/102206709409966004952/about?gl=us&hl=en

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
lc0338 wrote:
Propane is available @ Hodgen. I camp there about 2 times per year (Spring and Fall Break) in the Equestrian camp.
East of Hodgen in the community of Hontubby there is a store/restaurant that does a pretty good Friday night fish dinner if you need an eat out night.

Good to know. Would that be at Hodgen Butane? Do you remember?
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:
First link does not work, but the one in your signature does.

Thanks! I think it's fixed now.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
First link does not work, but the one in your signature does.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board