cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Area 2018

msabel
Explorer
Explorer
I have a nice size newer 5th wheel, and looking at Campgrounds that are big enough, to handle my unit it is a 38.9 Feet, and 13.3 feet in height.

Been to Wisconsin, many times, and have had no issues with Core Parks, but the stateparks that's another story, sometimes I can find a spot, but many times the trees, get me and my Units over the years, and then get some people telling me that I should know better than to try to visit that state park, even though, the state parks are in Wisconsin offer great Views.

Cliffside, in Recine, looks good, never stayed there, but would appreciate any feedback, on that park, as well as some others would be appreciated. I have a long time to plan, looking at next summer.
2016 Big Horn 3585RE
2009 Chevy Duramax Turbo Diesel
Firestone Air Ride Shocks
6 REPLIES 6

msabel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice, Cliffside, sounds like a good option, any recommended sites? I will also look at other parks that were suggested, but appreciate all the feedback that has been provided.
2016 Big Horn 3585RE
2009 Chevy Duramax Turbo Diesel
Firestone Air Ride Shocks

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cliffside is nice, but very small, and is popular. Best to get reservations as soon as you can.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
donut dave wrote:
pike lake state park about 25 nw of Milwaukee between slinger and Hartford. water & electric but you would have to take site 29 or 31 which are plenty big for your rig. it would be tight driving the one way loop to get to those sites but once you are there it is an easy drive out. you would have to reserveamerica to make reservations.
as was said Harrington beach near Belgium, would also be good.

Been to Pike Lake 3 time so far with my 40'er. Once on 21e NEVER Again. Twice on 4e Easy to back in. Ranger allowed me to back out the way I came in to avoid the dreaded loop.
we have also put a 34' TT on site 2e.

29e-31e-4e-2e are electric only sites. Be sure to bring your own water.

Great State park!

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

donut_dave
Explorer
Explorer
pike lake state park about 25 nw of Milwaukee between slinger and Hartford. water & electric but you would have to take site 29 or 31 which are plenty big for your rig. it would be tight driving the one way loop to get to those sites but once you are there it is an easy drive out. you would have to reserveamerica to make reservations.
as was said Harrington beach near Belgium, would also be good.

we3
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to Cliffside on Thursday. Been there many times and you will be fine, however only water and elect. We have also stayed at State Fair Park, asphalt, fuel hook ups, close to down town, no trees and very little grass for the dog and what is there is heavily used.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Cliffside would be the one I would recommend. We actually don't live too far from there and have "commuter camped" there several times when we wanted to camp but weren't able to go away for a week. It's very big rig friendly with mostly large open sites, but there are no full hook ups. Only water & electric. It's about 30 minutes from downtown Milwaukee. The Ikea in Oak Creek may be open by the time you visit. That's only about 20 minutes from Cliffside.

There isn't much else close other than State Fair Park in West Allis. It's really just a parking lot with hook ups. But if you aren't interested in a nice "home" setting it's far more central to everything in the Milwaukee metro area. Probably a 10 minute ride to downtown.

The next best option might be Harrington Beach State Park in Lake Church. It's a beautiful park that's also very big rig friendly, but no water hook ups. And it's 45 minutes north of downtown.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)