cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping around Boston

dvs57
Explorer
Explorer
I've got my DH to agree to take me to Boston - finally! We want to go sometime in the June to September time period. We hope to spend a week exploring Boston, Salem and Plymouth as well as surrounding areas. We have a motorhome and will be towing a Jeep. We would need a campground that could serve as our "home base". We will be using public transportation when venturing into Boston. Any suggestions?
Jerry and Deb
2015 Itasca Solei
2017 Jeep Wrangler
15 REPLIES 15

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
We camped at Normandy Farms CG - very convenient to Plymouth and the Cape, nice CG, IF you get a regular pull-thru site in the shade. We were in the "safari" area - open plain, like a parking lot for RVs. Not so nice, though the bathrooms & other facilities were fine. In general, I'd recommend it highly. About 1/2 hour drive to a major metro stop.

For the public transportation, buy a "Charlie" pass. (The folks at this CG can probably tell you about it, and when we were there they provided directions, maps, and general info about the system.) The Charlie pass gives you access to the subway, buses, and even water taxi (which we used to cross Boston Harbor to visit Bunker Hill).

Whatever you do, DO NOT drive in downtown Boston. Those drivers are insane. Seriously. (Have been for many decades now.) ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375