cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping at a NASCAR event (LVMS) in March

Hermosa
Explorer
Explorer
Just checking to see if anyone has done this. It sounds like fun, and since we are only 5 hours from Las Vegas, we are thinking about doing the Nascar weekend in March. Does anyone have experience with camping inside the track, or in the outside lots? We have a 30' Class A.

Their pricing is for the week, I would plan to roll in Friday morning, and out on Sunday night or Monday morning. Given we would be coming in later than most, I don't know if that's an issue.

Any feedback appreciated. Thank you
14 REPLIES 14

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
You should see some good action there!! They race hard into 4, Hope you have a great time!!!

Hermosa
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I got my spot. I'm in turn 4, about 3 rows in. Agreed it's tight to get in there since we will be getting in late (Thursday). We'll make it work, looking forward to it!

Macktee
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Jake about staying and leaving on Monday.
Also, We stayed in the Hollywood camp area. Worked well for me.
Can't wait to do it again. Macktee
04 Monaco Dynasty Diamond 1V ( Homer II)
2012 Ram 1500 4X4 Quad Cab towed
2013 Cargo Mate 28ft enclosed car hauler
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
2010 Club Car Golf Car

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing,,I would stay Sunday night and leave monday,, Traffic is a bear comming out of there after the event!! Also,, If they are holding the sprint car races at night,, buy tickets for that!! Good racing!! Coming in on friday wont be to bad,,going to be tight though,, If you can get in along the back stretch the view is really good from your MH!!

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
I used to work the NASCAR race in Vegas and have camped out there in a rental class C,, Very noisy and busy,, We were infield near the care center..
I had allot of fun, but you gotta be careful,,Lock up what you don't want stolen!!
Be prepared to listen to your neighbors generator 24 hours for three days straight.
Big trend in campers bringing along there dogs,,,,,,,,,,barking constantly!!

It is something you should experience!! especially if you are a true NASCAR fan!!

I also camped at the Martinsville raceway!! THAT WAS FUN!! very close camping but man we had a good time!!
We worked that race also so we couldnt drink as much at night and stay up all night,, but what a blast!! I actually grew six inches that weekend,,,true fact!!!

It rained Friday night!!! Martinville mud sticks to everything and dyes it red!!

Also,, you haven't lived until you had a Martinsville dog,,with all the fixins!!

Go,,And enjoy!! You'll never want to watch it on TV again!!

campkrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We camp at Atlanta Motor Speedway. A good forum all about camping at nascar races... nascarcamping.com

TheGriswolds
Explorer
Explorer
I did this for the first time this year at the Atlanta Labor Day race, in the infield. We all had a blast, all nice people, no fights and nothing stolen. No punk kids running around causing trouble, seems to me with the prices they charge it keeps that element out. One thing I learned though is to get there early. The gates for the infield opened at 2pm on Thursday. I arrived with our 35ft travel trailer around 3:30pm and could barely get it parked...it seemed as though everyone else had been there for days! The other folks told me they start lining up on the road a few days earlier to get into the spots ASAP. Lots of great people helped me by moving cars and grills etc... so I could jockey the trailer into our spot and had no issues after that.
2011 F-250 Supercrew 4x4
2013 Keystone Cougar 31 SQB

Hermosa
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I think I need to do it at least once for the experience. I would love to camp at the Bristol track, that palce seem slike it's a different world. Really interesting people watching.

I have talked to the person at LVMS who is in charge of the camping spots, they really seem to be easy to work with so far. I'll keep you posted!

ericosmith
Explorer
Explorer
I also camp at Michigan right across the street from the main grandstand and have no problems with noise. It's not nearly as wild as it used to be and they are very good about keeping the parties and generators at a reasonable noise level. I find that those with the noisy generators run them sparingly during the daylight hours only. I usually try to arrive on Thursday because the sites are tight and it can be difficult to back in once it gets real crowded.

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
We also camp at Michigan International speedway however we stay outside turn four. Our campground is louder than the normal state park campground but not nearly as bad as what everyone says about other NASCAR events. MIS has a good campground selector for your type of camping. Just tell it how wild you want to be and let it place you. Las vegas may have something similar. Just do it once and expect it to be louder that usual (friends of ours sleep with ear plugs) and make your own fun. IT IS WORTH IT AT LEAST ONCE!
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
We've done this with friends since 1992, doing both Michigan Int'l Speedway races each summer as well as a handful of Brickyard 400 races since the mid-90's. We finally cut down to 1 race at Michigan per summer just this year, but we're into our early 60's now. The reason we don't totally drop attending is because we usually have a great time.

At Michigan we have always camped in the infield. This way we can watch practice, time trials, and the races from my buddy's platform on top of his converted 1974 GMC school bus. Sitting in the stands probably gives a better view, but we like our spot and now there's a big Jumbotron nearby so we can watch replays.

We usually take along old one-speeder bicycles. It's a blast riding around checking out the different campsites. Some sites set up their own full-sized bar. There's usually loud music of various kinds. And generators run quite a bit. I've learned to fall asleep with the hum of the generators. It's worth doing at least once in a lifetime if you enjoy racing.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

Macktee
Explorer
Explorer
I would do it again In a heartbeat. It was the most fun I ever had with my clothes on. The people were all great and I met a lot of them. It didn't matter where you were from, you were welcome at anybody's site for a drink, hot dog, chile, you name it. Sure it is tight in there and people do party a lot but when I went to bed I didn't hear anything until morning. Just great fun. Macktee
04 Monaco Dynasty Diamond 1V ( Homer II)
2012 Ram 1500 4X4 Quad Cab towed
2013 Cargo Mate 28ft enclosed car hauler
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
2010 Club Car Golf Car

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
once was a enough never again. party central and every body right on top of you and not respecting your space.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will be very noisy all night long with generators running 24/7 at ALOT of trailers. It will also be a 24/7 PARTY atmosphere with anything and everything going on... Have fun ...

Not my idea of having a good time but alot of folks really live for those events...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS