cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Circle K Campground, Palmyra, WI

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a place to stay near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on Labor Day Weekend. The state park campgrounds are booked. This one has a space. Should that tell me something? I checked RV Park Reviews and found no reviews on the campground. Would anyone familiar with the park be kind enough to tell me about it? Thanks in advance.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"
6 REPLIES 6

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please let us know your experience, if only to satisfy curiosity.

From their web site, I got the impression that it was decently nice but very much geared towards long-term/seasonal stays rather than transient campers. Hopefully it's a pleasant stay for you.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your responses. I have reservations there now so I guess I'll find out what it is like.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

hanger3281
Explorer
Explorer
Hope this helps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Circle+K+Campground%2C+Palmyra%2C+WI&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Sorry, I haven't heard of it, and don't know anyone who has stayed there.
Another possibility you could check into is Cliffside Park in Racine, south of Milwaukee. It's run by the Public Works Dept of Racine County. Nice little place. Electric hookups, bathrooms with showers, in a fairly quiet area (next to a residential neighborhood). It is fairly popular but may not yet be booked for Labor Day. Worth a look, anyway. Cliffside

X2, Cliffside is a gem! Call them ASAP though, you may be too late already. BTW I've never heard of Circle K either.

You could try Yogi Bear Jellystone just south of Milwaukee, it's geared more for families with kids and it's pricey BUT it's very close to Milwaukee.

Dan

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
I live 20 miles away and never heard of it. Weird.

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I haven't heard of it, and don't know anyone who has stayed there.
Another possibility you could check into is Cliffside Park in Racine, south of Milwaukee. It's run by the Public Works Dept of Racine County. Nice little place. Electric hookups, bathrooms with showers, in a fairly quiet area (next to a residential neighborhood). It is fairly popular but may not yet be booked for Labor Day. Worth a look, anyway. Cliffside
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375