cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground near Flagstaff Az

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommendations for a campground in or near FlagStaff?

Wish list
  • Trees
  • Good Spacing
  • Clean Bathrooms
  • 30 amp
  • Full Hookups
  • Wifi
  • Fits 30' trailer

thanks,
Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie
16 REPLIES 16

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
If you can do without hookups, Bonito national forest campground is gorgeous. It's at the entrance of Sunset Crater Nat'l Monument.

You don't need air conditioning in Flagstaff.

I wish, but DW expects full hookups for camping. I am looking at getting a generator in a few years and that will open up many more camping spots.

thanks,
Dean
2016 Silverado

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Circle Pines KOA in Williams. Under pine trees,full hookups,indoor hot tubs and indoor swimming pool.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you can do without hookups, Bonito national forest campground is gorgeous. It's at the entrance of Sunset Crater Nat'l Monument.

You don't need air conditioning in Flagstaff.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to mention we have children aged 10 & 13, thus J&H is not an option for us.

thank you everyone for your comments.

Dean
2016 Silverado

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
J&H. Ver nice. Meets all of your requirements.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for Woody Mountain Full hookups and lots of sites to choose from and also lots of trees Every time we go through Flagstaff we stay there We really like it

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Woody mountains is nice I was there years ago.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 30 amp site at the KOA and it way too small. We saw some larger 50 amps sites but we won't stay there again. Too tight getting in and out of that place.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at Woody Mountain Campground by chance? It looks like it has lots of trees from a video I saw.

Dean
2016 Silverado

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
We've look ed J&H but aren't allowed to stay because we have Harley's. dang it anyway.. We've stayed several times in Williams at all of the RV parks and their all pretty nice. They all have train noise however.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at J&H and loved it. Very friendly folks, and as stated above, the rules are not onerous, just good sense. The signs are a lot of fun, and if you engage the owners in conversation, they are even more fun.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
What you don't want to do in Flag is stay close to the major EAST-WEST railroad that goes through the south part of town. This has a train about every 5 minutes going both directions 24/7 (all night long)... It TOOTS several times going through the intersections between town and I40...

We always stay out on AZ89 NE of town...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Dave5143 wrote:
I've stayed at J&H Park which is nice but may still be closed for the season. The KOA is too small for large rigs in my opinion. When in Flagstaff I stay at Greer's Pine Shadows. It's a nice place with plenty of trees.

Not true we stayed at KOA and enjoyed it - we are 37 ft
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
J&H was very nice. Really friendly, lots of rules but cute signage making following the rules fun. (Nothing that a good camper wouldn't do anyway). Really liked the place. However, I would basecamp in Williams about 15 miles west. The Circle of Pines KOA has very large level sites, lots of big trees, good WiFi, heated indoor pool, really nice playground and very nice dog run. Camped there more than a few times. Don't miss BearAzona if you have a chance.
Happy Trails.