cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleveland, OH to Hamburg, NY things to do in between.

woodworker215
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I are planning a trip leaving our home in Cleveland and heading to Hamburg, NY. in mid. October. On our return trip we would like to stay someplace new to us. I'm thinking Punderson State Park or Pymatuning any thoughts on which one you would prefer? Any other spots that you might suggest?
8 REPLIES 8

woodworker215
Explorer
Explorer
Oh trust me my wife and I love to go to Amish Country. We stay at Scenic Hills RV park 112 full hook up sites. No restrooms or showers so it keeps the tent and pop up campers to a minimum, very quiet place.
We usually go to NY to visit relatives and glad we do because we love that area.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
woodworker215 wrote:
Thanks for the reminder darsben about stopping on the reservation to get gas we have done that before. We have been to Chautauqua Institute and Presque Isle and Niagara Falls. We have also stayed at Evangola State Park but not Lake Erie State Park. I just checked for reservations and they are booked for the time we will be there. We have driven through the park years ago and it is a nice park. Maybe next time. Maybe just flip a coin between Punderson and Pymatuning. Thanks for all your suggestions. Happy Camping!!!

Funny how everyone values things that are close to home for you more than you value them. Here I am in NY and love to go to Amish Ohio and you like coming to NY. We see that a lot on the road

LOL I'm at the gateway to amish country in Dover Oh and im getting ready to head to niagara falls next week.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
woodworker215 wrote:
Thanks for the reminder darsben about stopping on the reservation to get gas we have done that before. We have been to Chautauqua Institute and Presque Isle and Niagara Falls. We have also stayed at Evangola State Park but not Lake Erie State Park. I just checked for reservations and they are booked for the time we will be there. We have driven through the park years ago and it is a nice park. Maybe next time. Maybe just flip a coin between Punderson and Pymatuning. Thanks for all your suggestions. Happy Camping!!!

Funny how everyone values things that are close to home for you more than you value them. Here I am in NY and love to go to Amish Ohio and you like coming to NY. We see that a lot on the road
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

woodworker215
Explorer
Explorer

portliz
Explorer
Explorer
Again another favourite - Lake Erie State Park. Try to get one of the sites near the cliffs. The sunsets over the water will take your breath away.

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Erie State park near Westfield ,NY is very nice also. High cliffs overlook Erie!
There are a few wineries around that area and also you may be interested in visiting Chautauqua Institute, near Mayville.
If you really like that, after looking it up on the web, perhaps a private campground on Chautauqua Lake would be better for you.
Camp Chautauqua is pretty nice and right on the water.
I love visiting Presque Isle park near Erie, PA but you can not stay overnight right in the park.
Sara's campgrounds, however is right near the entrance and is pretty cool also.
Have a great time in Hamburg. ( it's only $50. To dry camp at Ralph Wilson stadium near Hamburg, on Bills weekends)
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

portliz
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in both. If you stay in Pymatuning don't stay in the full hook up area. The sites in the hydro water area have much better views of the water. We loved both parks. Have fun.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do not know anything about camping in the area I DO KNOW that if you need to fill up while in New York you should try filling up at one of the Native American gas stations in or near Irving,NY Exit 58 if on thruway. 40 - 60 cents a gallon cheaper. AS I have a 60 gallon tank it can be $25.00 - $30.00 easy in my pocket.
Propane cheaper there also
Traveling with my best friend my wife!