cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coastal Southern Maine or New Hamphire Campgrounds

NY_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone recommend a quiet campground along the coast of Maine or New Hampshire to spend a few days? Would prefer full hook ups if possible, and/ or oceanfront. It will be just my wife and I, so do not need all the usual campground activities. We were originally looking to spend a few days in Cape Cod, but after calling many campgrounds, found that it is extremely busy right now even during the week, and that is what we are trying to avoid.
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7 Cummins
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
Reese Dual Cam
20 REPLIES 20

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Salisbury Beach State Reservation is on the MA/NH boarder, campground boarders 2 beaches which you can walk to both. no full hookups, but there is a honey wagon service that goes through there.

Going to be tough to find a site before labor day. but sometimes people cancel, keep checking reserve America in the evening, I was able to find a site during prime time that way once.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

RamTC
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed here in Freeport, ME. LL Bean town, nice area of ME, shopping, food and easy parking.
http://freeportcamping.com/
Present - 14' Ram 3500 4X4 DRW CTD AISIN 3.73
Past - 98' Ram 3500 4X4 DRW CTD / 99' LANCE 1110 / 04' ARCTIC FOX 990 / 05' ARCTIC FOX 990

soricobob
Explorer
Explorer
Chewonki in Wiscasset should get your consideration, as well.

bamcote
Explorer
Explorer
Wild Duck Campground Clicky
DH, DW, Tildie, Bella and
Molly the Maine Coon
and Greta the shorkie pup

2008 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z
2007 Saturn Vue AWD with Ready Brake Brute

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Wild Duck Campground in Scarborough, ME in 2012 and enjoyed it. It is adults only (over 21), and was quiet, with a location right on the Scarborough Marsh, which I believe is the largest in the state.

But it is an easy drive to Portland which is a nice city to visit. Museums, waterfront, restaurants, and an iconic lighthouse. You can also visit Two Lights State Park at Cape Elizabeth and eat nearby at The Lobster Shack right on the ocean.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing on the water is going to be quiet in Augest. Near the water you could try Wild Duck in Scarborough, you can get a canoe to the ocean from there.