cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Colorodo river adventures

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a membership with them? We were given a year free with the purchase of our new trailer. We just have to sit thru a sales pitch befor outer first stay then we get one year free membership and 30 nights free. The closest and only one we would probably go to is on Pollock Pines, CA. Called ghost mnt. Ranch.

Any experience with them here? Thoughts?
Still a novice
2015 Lance 2212ks Toy Hauler -current TH
2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost max tow -current TV
2003 Ford Expedition -Sold
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold
8 REPLIES 8

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
dicknellen wrote:
With what FrankoToo said you would be better off taking you trailer and going elsewhere and have a nice relaxing weekend. JM2ยข... Dick

Yeah i think you have the right idea. I hate being sold to so much that I've almost paid car salesmen NOT to talk to me while looking at a new vehicles. So,I think I'd rather just save my self the headache thanks for the replies everyone.

Dave
Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
With what FrankoToo said you would be better off taking you trailer and going elsewhere and have a nice relaxing weekend. JM2ยข... Dick

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
We sat through the presentation a few years ago when we got out new rig. The park (Julian) was OK but nothing spectacular. The downside to the free camping is you do not know the fine print until after you sit through the presentation. Turned out that it was only good Sunday thru Thursday, no weekends or holidays. Not very useful for those of us who still work for a living. We said no to membership and haven't been back since.
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
HMBdave wrote:
We are definitely not planing on buying since we are in our 30's and raising a baby, we will likely only be able to go camping (even just for a weekend) 6-8 times a year, and most Likely will not go to the same place more than once per year.

then GO for the free camping.........and just say NO Thanks! to membership.

NO when you first greet/meet
NO when they do presentation
NO when they pull out paper work
NO when they show examples of savings
NO when they introduce another associate
NO when they start offering discounts
NO when they tell you today only
NO when they surround you
NO Tanks as you get up to leave
AND NO NO NO as you run thru campground with them chasing you

NO!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
We are definitely not planing on buying since we are in our 30's and raising a baby, we will likely only be able to go camping (even just for a weekend) 6-8 times a year, and most Likely will not go to the same place more than once per year.
Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

Community Alumni
Not applicable
A resale membership is one that belongs to a current member that is selling his/her membership. Typically, a new membership purchased directly from the park will cost thousands. You can buy the same membership from a current member at a fraction of the cost. Some times for as little as a few hundred bucks.

You will probably be able to get the free nights advertised in the offer, even if you don't purchase a membership. However, I bet many of those free nights come with a lot of restrictions. Read the fine print.

If you are not planning on buying, sit through the 90 minute sales pitch, and take advantage of the free stays. If you are planning on buying, don't take the free offer and find a CRA resale membership on the internet. There are plenty of them for sale.

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I understand. What's a resale membership? Should I not go to the sales pitch that we scheduled? Will we be getting any usefull camping nights if we decline to purchase the membership?
Still a novice
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Like most other membership parks, you will not be able to purchase a resale membership for 2 or 3 years if you attend the sales pitch and decline to purchase a new membership.

You can buy a resale membership for a fraction of what you'd pay for a new membership. If you think you'll be using the CRA campground near you very often to justify the expense, get a resale membership.