Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Columbus - Ohio State Football

pennstaterv
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All -

We are looking to take our rig out to an OSU game this fall. Does any one know what folks do for overnight camping/parking for the game?

Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
OSU/ALA will be a hell of a game.

mikestock wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
How does staying at or any discussion of Alabama get in the Ohio State request. Alabama rv parking would be a two day trip to get to OSU.

Now if you want to discuss the upcoming National Championship game between OSU and ALabama go at it.

I was admittedly off topic. My point was the increasing difficulty in traveling with your major college team to other campuses.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
How does staying at or any discussion of Alabama get in the Ohio State request. Alabama rv parking would be a two day trip to get to OSU.

Now if you want to discuss the upcoming National Championship game between OSU and ALabama go at it.

I was admittedly off topic. My point was the increasing difficulty in traveling with your major college team to other campuses.

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
?????

bigred1cav wrote:

Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is RV parking (boondock style) next to the World Congress complex which includes the Atlanta Dome. You will need to either go through the stadium or the World Congress outfit to get a space. If you're a FSU fan, I hope the Bama people haven't secured all the available spaces already.

ct1964ups wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
Go Blue!!!

Mikestock, ya going to Atlanta for the FSU vs Roll Tide game.....where ya parking for that one?
It will be a great game...SEC vs ACC...C
Erroll, Mary
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we (VT) played at OSU in 2014, our group stayed at the state fair grounds. As long as the state fair isn't going on, there are plenty of spaces to stay, and they are full hookup. There is, or at least was, a shuttle that ran from the state fair grounds to Ohio Stadium.

pennstaterv wrote:
Hi All -

We are looking to take our rig out to an OSU game this fall. Does any one know what folks do for overnight camping/parking for the game?

Thanks!
Erroll, Mary
Equal-i-zer Hitch

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
ct1964ups wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
Go Blue!!!

Mikestock, ya going to Atlanta for the FSU vs Roll Tide game.....where ya parking for that one?

Sorry for the delayed response. That week clashes with a mission trip to Honduras. Would like to take a selfish approach but wouldn't feel right. Just hoping we can figure out a way to watch, or at least hear the game via the internet.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Penn State is a very busy game. Alum Creek or Delaware are both good campgrounds some full hookups at both most are electric only. Easy in out. Oct can be cold but in recent years it has not been. If you don't need your car to go to game find a bus stop where you may ride a bus for drop off at Woody's Cathedral. Traffic is a mess and parking may have you walking 2 miles or more. CPD tows hundreds of car that day.

Say hello to my Frat Bro at PS he is fund raiser for them.

pennstaterv wrote:
Hi All -

Thanks!

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
steveh27 wrote:
Go Blue!!!

2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Parking for autos and RV's has become big revenue earners for major football universities. We have been RV'ing at Alabama football games for 17 years. It was free back then and no hookups nearby.

Now, you would be hard pressed to find a space that hasn't been reserved by annual contract. They begin at $375, about three miles from the stadium and most are over $1000/season. One enterprising gentleman has built a privately owned campground with some full hookups and some w/e hookups. We paid $1600 for full hookups for the season. The good part is that you can leave your rig in place all season and we are a mile from the stadium. He only asks that you keep the thermostat at 80 degrees while away.

It is almost impossible to follow your SEC team, on the road, by RV. You will find, in most cases, that you will be stuck miles from the campus, and then, only when you reserve very early.

I know this is off topic, as we are not Buckeyes, but just addressing the increasing difficulty of RV'ing at college football. (I did have a first cousin who coached under Woody Hayes, pre-Clemson).

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Go Blue!!!

wilcamp
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Alum Creek twice during summer months, never during football season. Another choice is Cross Creek CG (privately owned, not a SP) which is located almost directly across the road from Alum Creek SP. A bit more pricey, but more in the way of hook-ups and amenities.
Wil, Tara, Keeko (Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix 9 yr.-old) and Kalee (Wire Hair Terrier/Blue Heeler mix 1 yr. old)
2018 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2702; 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi w/ 3.92 rear axle

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Alum creek state park would be the closest campground. 290 sites, just north of Columbus.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Most schools charge a fee to park in their designated RV area. Per their site it will cost you $105 per game. Their sale started 6/30/17.