cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Columbus Ohio

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Probablly will be attending a wedding next oct. Coming from Scranton area,any suggestions where to camp near Columbus? Also things to see or do in a three day stay? Will be looking at campgrounds on google maps next,just figured I would look for suggestions,thanks
11 REPLIES 11

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds good thanks.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Farm Camp wrote:
If you have time to venture outside of the city and like natural wonders then Hocking Hills State Park is a must see. (It has a good campground as well.) It is about 1 hour south of the city. X2 on Alum Creek state park if you can do without full hookups. They only have 2 or three FHU sites.
X2, I would take the whole week and camp at Hocking Hills for the week. Definately worth it.

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for replys,atleast I have some good ideas now.Not sure exactly where wedding we be held yet,but this is a good start.

Farm_Camp
Explorer
Explorer
If you have time to venture outside of the city and like natural wonders then Hocking Hills State Park is a must see. (It has a good campground as well.) It is about 1 hour south of the city. X2 on Alum Creek state park if you can do without full hookups. They only have 2 or three FHU sites.
TV: 2010 F250 XLT 4X4 SC SB 5.4L 3.73 - "The Blue Monster" (2013-2018) Traded at 100K
TV: 2017 F250 XLT 4X4 CC SB 6.7L PD 3.31 - "The Silver Streak"
TT: 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Our Story...
Places we've camped

richardwise
Explorer
Explorer
If you enjoy caverns, The Ohio Caverns are north west of Columbus. Not as big as caverns in Virginia Shenandoah mountain area, but worth a visit.

KA4EBU
Explorer
Explorer
Cross Creek is always one of the top rated RV parks in the nation. It is te best, you will not regret the stay.
Don and Pauletta
2003 Phaeton 40RH
2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
Misty - Enjoying on the Rainbow Bridge
Sophie - Maltese

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
Cross Creek or Cardinal for private parks.

Alum Creek for State Park
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel

Prin
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, just noted the Oct. date in original post. Still go to the zoo, it is the best in the US.
Ted and Carol
2008 Cameo RE373S
Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Honda 2000 generators
Goldwing Motorcycle
Retired Educators

Prin
Explorer
Explorer
Alton Hall RV park is the absolute closest to Columbus. It is on the West side of Columbus on Route 40. Full hookups, not much else, but is close to Columbus. Maybe 4 miles from city. Go to the zoo. They do a special light thing during the holiday season.
Ted and Carol
2008 Cameo RE373S
Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Honda 2000 generators
Goldwing Motorcycle
Retired Educators

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Alum Creek State Park is near Columbus and is a decent place to stay. I think the USAF Museum in Dayton is the best attraction in the area along with some of the Wright Brothers stuff. It is over an hour drive but it's free and worth seeing.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

Margaritaville
Explorer
Explorer
Any idea what part of Columbus? I would suggest Cross Creek RV Resort or Cardinal Center both off I-71 and just north of Columbus. There are also two state parks, Delaware and Alum Creek, also north of the city.