cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Custer S.P. question

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! Hoping someone can help me out. We will be camping in the Legion Lake campground at the end of the month. Just wondering if anyone knows where potable water sources are located to fill our tank. Also wondering if there is more than 1 dumping station in the entire park. Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only one is at Gamelodge CG. If you leave to the west, the guy at the 'truckstop' in Custer (on right next to the liquor store) will let you dump if you buy fuel or gas. One of the major things that SD needs to correct to make CSP an ideal destination is a couple more dump stations. Should not be a big deal as all the CG host sites have sewer as does the restroom and showers
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

hellbird503
Explorer
Explorer
Just got through camping a week at the stockade north campground,nice campground,but to get fresh water is a problem if you have a big rig, small space, and there is no dump site there. Only one dump site in park that I'm aware of. Campground host was only aware of the one also. Wonderful park though, the buffalo are really cool as well as the burros. Enjoy your stay!
2012 F350 Diesel Dually
2008 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 35ft

acsimon
Explorer
Explorer
Legion Lake is very nice. Rather small camp ground right across the road from a small lake. The camp ground has a pretty new bath house with showers. Next to the lake is a small store and restaurant. There is a swimming beach, kayak/canoe rentals and fishing available.

cman60
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta love the Black Hills.:B
Every day is a good day to ride, just some better than others.
1997 Fleetwood Flair
Towing either a 24 or 14 ft trailer full of motorcycles

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear you enjoy Legion Lake TexasShadow. It seems like one of the less popular campgrounds in Custer but it was all that was available when I booked many months ago. I feel lucky to even be staying in the park, and I'm sure all the locations are wonderful. Now, bring on the BISON.....!!!

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
Legion Lake is sort of halfway between Game Lodge and Stockade Lake. About 3 miles? from each point. I didn't know there was a dump station at Stockade Lake now. Will have to check that out because we like staying at Legion. Beautiful lake and nice walking paths across the road from the campground.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much Acsimon! I couldn't find any definitive info either way. We will be staying there for a week so I know we will need filling and dumping a couple times. If you recall, how long down the road is either dumping station from Legion Lake area? Thanks again for the info, hope you had a great time!!

acsimon
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from spending a week at Sylvan Lake. There is potable water at Legion Lake. You will just need to locate the spigot. You can dump at Stockade Lake or Game Lodge for free, or you can use We Like It (private camp ground right outside Custer) for a $5.00 fee.