cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dayton or Siesta Key Beach

esfd243
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to WDW FW in October for 8 days. On the way out we would like to go to a beach for 3 days. We don't care which way we travel. Anyone have suggestions for Daytona or Siesta Key? Beach camping preferred.
Mike, Dawn & Mallori
2016 Hemisphere 368RLBH
2012 Chevy 2500 HD D/A 3.73
12 REPLIES 12

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
Another option if you're still considering the east coast (and if the OP is still reading this thread) is North Beach Campground in Villano Beach, which is basically St. Augustine. Really nice place with FHU's, and it's sandwiched between the beach and the intercostal waterway.

As a lifelong Floridian, and someone who is greatly familiar with both coasts, I would skip Daytona Beach all together. St. Augustine is so much nicer and has way more to do; a little touristy, but much more historical and unique.
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Your title left out the final 'a'. I live 50 miles south of Dayton, OH. I was having trouble understanding why anyone would have trouble deciding between Dayton, Ohio and Siesta Key Beach until I read the whole post. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

maznchle
Explorer
Explorer
re. turtle beach cmpground, We were there in april with our rig 33ft down near the water. Beach 200 ft away. sites are very tight..65 a night .the beach is worth it. paul

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
We did the exact same thing and headed towards Daytona. We stayed here and really liked it because it was right on the beach. Coral Sands

We would have rather spent the week here than Fort Wilderness. Was definitely not our cup of tea.

Actually I just realized my sig picture was taken there
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Gamble Rogers State Park
Not on the beach actually but just above the beach. I've not seen beach camping in Florida like they have on the Pacific.

Daytona is a very large tourist area. We go every year for Bike Week. It is fun to go in town and look around but I don't stay there. We stay at Flagler Beach but really like the entire area between Daytona and St. Augustine.

You might want to also look at Anastasia State Park. It is a beautiful park and has nice shaded sites just off the beach.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
computerbug wrote:
I live 2 miles from the Siesta key campgroud. Very tight and close spaces. No exceptions when it comes to pets.Oscar Sherer state park is 6 miles frome Siesta and 2 miles to better beaches.

Looks like to OP has a 32'ft unit... that will fit in the sites closest to the road/office. The one's closer to the beach won't work.
If you want beachfront at Daytona, look at Coral Sands (actually Ormond Beach).... not much more than a sand lot ( with full hook ups) adjacent to their hotel... you get to use the hotel facilities included with your camping.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
If you're into ocean waves and tourist-style beach towns, go to Daytona.
If you prefer calm, prettier waters and nicer beaches with a more laid-back atmosphere, then Siesta is the way to go.
I'm a FL west coast beach guy myself. Way way way way better than anything the east coast beaches have to offer. Unless you consider South Beach in Miami...then it has way more to offer than anywhere else ๐Ÿ˜‰
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

computerbug
Explorer
Explorer
I live 2 miles from the Siesta key campgroud. Very tight and close spaces. No exceptions when it comes to pets.Oscar Sherer state park is 6 miles frome Siesta and 2 miles to better beaches.

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:
Very near to Siesta Key.

https://www.scgov.net/TurtleBeachCampground/Pages/default.aspx

Couldn't find a price on the website for camping just the list of extra charges.
Would you know what the fees are?
Thanks,Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Florida State Park Site. There are some campgrounds right on the Atlantic Ocean. Very nice.
Enjoy your trip to FL.
๐Ÿ™‚

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very near to Siesta Key.

https://www.scgov.net/TurtleBeachCampground/Pages/default.aspx
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about beach camping at Siesta Key, BUT the beach is great there. Of Course at Daytona you can drive your car on the beach. Depends on what you want to do.
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.