cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Decided to join Thousand Trails

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
A few months ago, we refinanced our home, and the woman who came to our house to do the title work, saw our camper, and also camps. We got to talking and she is a big fan of the Thousand Trails Zone Pass. I never knew anything about it, and probably would never have even thought about it, if she hadn't talked it up so much!
So I decided to check it out again last night, and saw they are offering a $100 off, so it came to $425/yr.
We have several Thousand Trail campgrounds in our area, so I decided to go ahead and do it.
I've already booked a week at the beach for June! I've read all the pros and cons, but I looked at it this way, last year, I spent $500/week at the beach, this year I'm spending $425, plus I can get other days and halloween for free at more local campgrounds. Last year we spent $160 each Halloween weekend we did at a local Jellystone (we did 2 weekends)
16 REPLIES 16

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
padave wrote:
What about reservations? I just tried to make reservations for next spring and was told that I only have a 60 day window. In other words I can only make reservations through January Do any of you zone pass people have problems making reservations?

Different contract here and 90-days out, but generally we don't have issues getting reservations anywhere.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

padave
Explorer
Explorer
What about reservations? I just tried to make reservations for next spring and was told that I only have a 60 day window. In other words I can only make reservations through January Do any of you zone pass people have problems making reservations?
wife and 2 daughters
2012 Ford F150 SCrew 4x4 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 318bhs
Equalizer
former:
Nissan Titan
Rockwood Roo 233
Coleman Westlake

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
"I am going to Circle M next weekend. I am not hearing great things about them but I will reserve my opinion until I get there"

Great! Circle M is very close to us! The person we know with the membership, loves it at Circle M and Gettysburg. We will def be going to both. Planning on Circle M for Halloween.

Our neighbors have a perm site at Sea Pines. She loves it, but says it is mostly permanant sites, not many transients.

I'd love your opinion on Circle M! Will join your FB group too! thanks!

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with Sea Pines is the limited availability of sewer hookups and their honey run service emptied all 5 of my tanks in the time it takes me to empty one. When they were done, I was far from empty. ๐Ÿ˜ž I have clear elbows on and will be a bit more assertive the next time I need to use them!

We've never camped at Lake and Shore - we've only driven through it and have visited the water park for day visits (while staying at Sea Pines).

Circle M is decent. It's an RV park, there aren't many trees. But, all of the sites (unless you go down by the creek) are full hookups. I don't use a surge protector or EMS, but I've never had issues with power and the water pressure is good. We visit there a few times a year. The indoor pool is always very loud. ๐Ÿ™‚
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

stoversfromnj
Explorer
Explorer
THOUSAND TRAILS (OUTDOOR WORLD)--THE GOOD AND THE BAD. Everyone tells you like it is. Lake and Shore gets crowed. Great stuff to do. Check out SeaPines which is right down the road. It is a quieter park, smaller too. When you head to the PA parks definitely go to Timothy Lake. South if you dont have kids, North if you do. Scotrun is also right down the road from Timothy Lake. Scotrun is not as nice as Timothy Lake but the have a good pool for kids. I am going to Circle M next weekend. I am not hearing great things about them but I will reserve my opinion until I get there. It was nice a couple of years ago. Go to Hershey TT. I have not been there but EVERYONE raves about it. Keep in touch.

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Diana! We booked Lake and Shore for June. Can't wait! We are in Pa, near Lancaster county, so there are a few within an 1.5 hour from us. I'll check out your FB page, what is your FB page?

stoversfromnj
Explorer
Explorer
Corgicrazy
Zone Pass is the way to go. I purchased a master membership years ago but I tell my friends to buy the Zone. If you have any questions about te parks email me at PMRED38@AOL.COM. I have been to all of the in NJ and three in Pa. We also have a page on Facebook. Happy camping.
Diana

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Do they have black out dates and such?

No black out dates.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Do they have black out dates and such?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Just left TT after ten years. Good luck.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! We're happy with Thousand Trails - I wrote about our experience because we get asked a fair amount.

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
Used the Zone Pass in Texas and Kentuck,,,would have used it in Tennysee, but just ran out of travel time.

Would renew, but have other obligations for the next year.

Here is our results. Could have been even less expensive if we were able to use it longer.

Thousand Trails Zone Pass after one year
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
If you get the use out of it TT is not a bad deal, we had one handed down to us and get at least 30 nights a year in their parks, but I will retire this year so the count will rise. Have fun with it, are you at Sea Pines for the beach trip?
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
jimroach wrote:
I still don't get the zone pass thing, doesn't it limit you to one or two areas of the states?

No, it limits you to regions of the country. Its divided by 4 or 5 regions. Thousand Trail campgrounds are listed in each regions, those are the ones you can use with your membership. 30 days camping at any of those region campgrounds. $3 a night if you go over 30.