cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Edisto beach State park

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
considering a trip to Edisto Beach in July, will be meeting DD and 2 DGD (4yr old and 8 mo old) along with their Dog.

I know beach campground is still closed.

My question is how far is walk to beach from Live Oak section. I can't really tell. Not sure the map is to scale. Is it too far carrying 4 yr old and her stuff along with baby and stuff? will likely leave dog in AC while we are on beach, so it needs to be close enough we can go back and forth without it being a major undertaking.

currently have reservations in FL at ST Joseph Penisula, but considering move to SC to make trip easier on DD.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS
7 REPLIES 7

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeroo, thanks for suggesting Myrtle Beach State Park. It is a little further north than I wanted to go, but they had sites available for the week, and it appears walking to beach from campsite is doable (even with 4yr old and 8mo old). Made my reservations today.

Just couldn't make my DD drive 8 hrs with two babies and dog, for us to then make 3 hour drive to beach. Now she just has 3-4 hour drive.. and I have the long one.

Now to figure the best way to get there.. and where to stop overnight enroute
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Adiabatman
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
I know beach campground is still closed.

Looking at both the SC state parks page for Edisto Beach as well as the ReserveAmerica site, I see that both say that camping is available at the Beach campground.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
kerrlakeroo, looking for a beach park and Edisto had sites available during the time we can meet.

Any suggestions for beach campgrounds along the SC coast. DD is in NC and I am in S GA, so SC would be middle ground and easier drive for DD.

Using www.southcarolinaparks.reserveamerica.com I just found a couple of sites in Myrtle Beach state park. 4 nights around the 9th
Site 293 loop 3 as an example.
Don't know how long you were looking for or what specific dates.

If it's any help I used the find a campsite link and then set it for RV sites and gave it a date range of the entire month. Also
If you can use military facilities camp lejune in NC is another possibility.
Hope it helps,
Happy motoring.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeroo, looking for a beach park and Edisto had sites available during the time we can meet.

Any suggestions for beach campgrounds along the SC coast. DD is in NC and I am in S GA, so SC would be middle ground and easier drive for DD.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't walk it by choice. Of course, with the beach section closed... It's at least a mile and along a busy highway.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't measured it, but I'd guess it's around a mile depending on how far in you are at Live Oak. With the kids and their stuff, I'd suggest driving it.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
If you are concerned with availability at Edisto in July, why not go to one of the other state parks in SC? There are several others and you also have several Ga parks near Savannah.