cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forestcamping.com now has user reviews

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Folks who camp in the national forests probably already know about forestcamping.com -- great info about the campgrounds. They now have a button for user reviews, too -- this is new, I think, and I have not found a reference to this feature on the rv.net archive (which is why I am posting this!).

This is useful because on rvparkreviews.com, many national forest campgrounds are not listed. So I am hoping that the forestcamping site will fill that hole.

I don't know if the hosts of the site will edit the reviews or not -- but you have to leave your email so they can follow up if there are questions, which leads me to think they will be reviewing the reviews, so to speak.

My only quibble is that the user reviews are limited to 120 characters. Shorter than twitter (or so I am told -- I don't twit).
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
4 REPLIES 4

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tiger, I agree -- a "moderated" review system tends to be, well, more moderate!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I don't mind monitored reviews or comments. Forestcamping.com does a great job and I often use their info when planning trips. I don't think they will be unfair in any monitoring they do. Somebody has to keep the hate-people and their ilk out.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
...My only quibble is that the user reviews are limited to 120 characters...

I checked it out and spaces and punctuation count as characters so that means that you can get in maybe two short sentences.

Note: the above sentence is more than 120 characters! Not sure how much that is really going to tell anyone.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I didn't know that. Thank you.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8