cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fort McHenry, Baltimore

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone recently been to Fort McHenry? I was there many years ago, as a kid. Was thinking of places to take GK's that isn't too far away from home.

Do they have any working demonstrations? I'm talking about things like glass blowing, candle dipping, blacksmithing activity, gun smithing, etc....

As a kid we visited, Jamestown, VA, Fort McHenry, MD, Fort Legionier, PA, Harper's Ferry, WV..... some of them had a lot of activities going on and others were just a basic tour of walking around and looking at the buildings, etc....

I think having the "working" activities of the day makes it more interesting for kids. Any suggestions? I can't remember what we saw where.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder
2 REPLIES 2

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We were just at Point Lookout SP and our kids (9 and 6) absolutely loved it. It is a couple hours south of Baltimore. I think it's 72 miles south of Annapolis. The lighthouse is open once each month for tours, Fort Lincoln has tours, they have nature center programs each Friday, Saturday and Sunday, beach, fishing and other programs. It is GREAT.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
Schedule of Events
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic