cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kings Dominion for a long weekend !!!

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Finally get to go camping, only been out one time way back in April! I'm not a big amusement park person but the wife got us season passes this year so we can camp and go back and forth to the park when we want to.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually
4 REPLIES 4

If you stay at Kings Dominion Campground they have a free shuttle that takes you to the park.. Also I have found that the noise from 95 is pretty loud depending on your site at Americamps..Hey lawnspecialties , is there any where I can see pictures of the Carowinds campground ? will be there in 2 weeks for the first time.... We have offices in Ashland VA and Charlotte NC.. during the summer I travel with my RV and stay at both...I really liked Kings Dominion.. nice , clean place..Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at the Americamps near Richmond on our way to Myrtle Beach many times.
11322 Air Park Rd.
Ashland, VA 23005

Kings Dominion is about 10 minutes away.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
You will have a good time the campground is a short shuttle bus ride, I would suggest getting there early hit the popular rides, go back for some pool and down time at camper then back later when crowds and temps lower, much like a Disney game plan.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
We've done the same but for Carowinds. Not sure if you have the correct passes but some allow you to attend all Cedar Fair parks. Carowinds has a nice campground.