cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ga.'s Vogel State Park

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
There are some of us who enjoy winter camping. If this news has not been previously posted I want to let y'all know most of the sites at Vogel will be open all season. The sites not open are the red-marked ones for tents, popups, and small rv's. Also, you can now reserve a specific site.
Oh yeah, there was 10" of snow there this weekend, it was great.
Bill and Debbie
2007.5 SILVERADO HD DA CREWCAB LTZ 4X4 ARE CAP
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6
4 REPLIES 4

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vogel has been the most popular Georgia SP for years and it's almost always full. It sounds as though GA SPs caved to the site specific demands. I wish they hadn't. All of Vogel's RV sites are open all year round unless there has been a maintenance issue. Tent sites are always closed down for winter: safety reasons. The popup campground has been getting some maintenance done.

We've been there when an unexpected snow would hit at Christmas. That was always fun. We love the winter camping.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
Vogel is a wonderful campground. We love the entire area around it as well. Although the traffic seems to be increasing a little more each and every year. I guess the word is getting out.
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
It happened.

It was forecasted that we would get a dusting...10" is more than a dusting.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Go ahead. Rub that snow in for those of us that were stuck at home and couldn't run out to enjoy it.

Of course, without pictures, it didn't happen. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)