cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good campground near Jacksonville,FL

bstump
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a good campground near Jacksonville, Florida. Looking to arrive in early April staying for about 30 days. Need a large rig site for a 40' 5th wheel. Need wifi or good cell recrption. Appreciate any recomendations.
2014 Mobile Suites Estates 39RESB3
Truck - 2016 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat DRW
13 REPLIES 13

bstump
Explorer
Explorer
Tried calling Flamingo Lake. they don't take reservations until 30 days in advance. Said they don't get as many snowbirds so they generally have open spots. also they are building about 60 more sites for Monthly stays. should be done later this year, and available in April when I plan to be there. so right now my plan is to wait till March and get a reservation at Flamingo Lake. But I'll have a plan B just in case.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Very Helpful.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at the 3 main recommendations here with our 42' fifth wheel.

- Pecan Park - just a couple of overnights; the good is that they're long pull-thrus and near the highway. The noise was a non-issue for us as we sleep with the A/C fan on at night.

- Flamingo Lake - this would be my choice for a long term stay. I liked the amenities. It's an RV park with an open feel.

- Kathryn Abbey Hannah - this was beautiful, albeit a little twisty once you were in the park. It's a campground with a wooded/private feel. However, the banana spiders were freakishly large and EVERYWHERE.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Flamingo Lake has turned into the long term RV park of Jacksonville. While Pecan Park is closer to the airport, the noise should not be a problem with your rig. With Football season among us, you should get to calling for reservations.

TragedyTrousers
Explorer
Explorer
Kathryn Abbey Hanna very nice. No problem with our 31ft MH I seen plenty of big 5th wheels of your size in there.

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Just used Hanna park in May. Worked well for us! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

jahome
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Kathryn Abbey Hanna park in Jacksonville Fl

bstump
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your advice. I looked at Pecan Park RV but was concerned about the airplane noise. I will be working from my camper and possibly on the phone quite a bit, so was concerned about the noise issue. I'll look into the other mentioned parks.

thanks again for your input.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
For a long term stay, Flamingo Lake may be more to your liking - quick access to the beltway so you can reach anywhere in Jax fairly quickly.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
If you have base access I highly recommend Pelican Roost RV Park on NAS May port. Very nice place.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you mention large rig/site, the one that pops into my mind is North Beach Camp Resort. A little pricey, but full hookups with cable. Cell reception is iffy in some areas though. But they have massive pull through sites. The ones closer to the ocean are more tree covered.

Closer in town is Kathryn Abbey Hanna park. Also full hookups, but call to make sure they can accommodate your rig.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Keily wrote:
Pecan Park is nice ,however very close to Jacksonville Airport. The last time I was there 2 yrs ago, the wifi was up and down a lot. Campground is very easy on and off the I-95

We just stayed at Pecan Park a few week ago.. Nice, clean, large sites.. All concrete with table and chairs.. Like stated, your in JAX take off path, so you will see/hear planes all day, but they do slow down in the evening, and eventually stop overnight...

It is one of our usual stays when visiting Florida
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed just over the line in Brunswick GA at the KOA just off of I95. If that helps not to far to Jax.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Keily
Explorer
Explorer
Pecan Park is nice ,however very close to Jacksonville Airport. The last time I was there 2 yrs ago, the wifi was up and down a lot. Campground is very easy on and off the I-95