cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Coulee Dam WA -- Big Rig

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
We will be spending the night to see the laser show. I understand the government Spring Canyon CG is not big rig friendly. Do you have a better suggestion?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
3 REPLIES 3

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
DownTheAvenue wrote:
A quick Google search found 7 campgrounds within a 15 mile radius of the dam. Many years ago, I stayed at the Steamboat Rock state park. As I remember, it was big rig friendly. A quick phone call or several minutes at your computer probably will get you the answers you need.

I should have been clearer of my requirements.

1. I do not need FHU for a one night stand and like COE/BLM campgrounds. My first choice was Spring Canyon, but understand it is not Big Rig friendly.

2. I did the google search. I wanted someone with real experiences to add their comments.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Y-Guy
Steamboat Rock State Park is big rig friendly, at least most of the sites. But getting in there now for the summer could be a big challenge the sites usually book up in January - its a very popular boating lake.

Sun Lakes Resort is a private CG on Banks Lake that can handle some large rigs. It's closer to town and for the laser show. Make sure you read the rules before you go. The complaints I read were mostly people that didn't follow the rules. Do be aware on weekend they have music, that can be an issue. We stayed Sunday-Friday and didn't have the issue, but it's a very busy, popular campground.

If I had my choice between the two I'd go to Steamboat Rock in a heartbeat.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
A quick Google search found 7 campgrounds within a 15 mile radius of the dam. Many years ago, I stayed at the Steamboat Rock state park. As I remember, it was big rig friendly. A quick phone call or several minutes at your computer probably will get you the answers you need.