cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grannd Canyon Park Shuttle

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
When using the park shuttle system, where would you suggest optimum parking. And how would folks suggest the most efficient way to use it. I assume this is easier than driving point to point and searching for parking, particularly on Memorial Weekend Sunday. How is security during the day?
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer
7 REPLIES 7

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
May I suggest driving to Williams to take the train up to the South Rim. It's a very enjoyable ride and there are extra perks...
They stay three hours at the Rim which is the average length of time visitors spend there. Watch out for robbers on the way back.
There is a neat video the steam engines at:
http://www.thetrain.com/special-events/steam-in-the-21st-century/
Thanks for the tip but our plans are firm.We are driving to the trading post on 89 then back to
flagstaff that evening. The visitors center is the plan.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
May I suggest driving to Williams to take the train up to the South Rim. It's a very enjoyable ride and there are extra perks...
They stay three hours at the Rim which is the average length of time visitors spend there. Watch out for robbers on the way back.
There is a neat video on the steam engines at:
http://www.thetrain.com/special-events/steam-in-the-21st-century/
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
x2 Parking Visitors Center for a day visit but many places the bus goes throughout the park.The shuttle system is good.

Parking at popular stops and better restaurants is limited in some area's of the park. Its hard to get a space at dinnertime/sunset especially where there are restaurants. We drove one lovely evening,went at 5pm, then spent 30 minutes looking for parking and ended up walking quite a long distance to the resturant. Shuttle would have been easier. We went August 2012, wonderful visit.
Enjoy!
happynow

Steve and Carol

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
x2 Parking Visitors Center, shuttle system is good.

Parking at popular stops and better restaurants is limited in some area's of the park. Its hard to get a space at dinnertime/sunset especially where there are restaurants. We drove one lovely evening,went at 5pm, then spent 30 minutes looking for parking and ended up walking quite a long distance to the resturant. Shuttle would have been easier. We went August 2012, wonderful visit.
Enjoy!
happynow

Steve and Carol

ridemist
Explorer
Explorer
We were just there on Good Friday. Best place to park is at the Visitor's Center. Buses will shuttle you from there. They run on a regular basis. There are smaller lots near the lodges, but fill early.
Rick

Mesa AZ

Currently in between Units
2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara (Toad) Demico Aluminator Towbar - Evenbrake

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
We will be driving from Flagstaff to the south rim early morning by car, We will probably drive west to the watchtower and return via 89 after stopping in Cameron.

tandk
Explorer
Explorer
Are you staying in the park? We stayed at Trailer Village and they picked up right outside the campground.
Tim and Kathy, Topa the Wonder Dog
2003 Nash 21 5R
2002 Chevy 2500HD, SB, Duramax diesel, Allison tranny
Twin Honda EU2000i