cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grants Pass Oregon Help

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning on traveling down the Oregon coast and cutting back to Grants Pass where we would like to spend a couple of nights. I'm a birder and it was recommended that we stay at White Horse Campground but RV Park Reviews lists only Lake Selmac. Is that one and the same? If not, would you recommend one over the other? or someplace else. (We prefer campgrounds over private RV places) Thanks in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, I"m old and lived without cell and wifi most of my life and isn't important. Actually, I think it would be great to be away for it for a few days.

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
Indian Mary by all means.
A little out of your way maybe but a great park
and a place to visit some of the Wild Rouge River
as well as Hell's Canyon.

If cell and wifi are important to you
stay elsewhere.

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
We like to stay at Schroeder Park which is just south of Town and operated by Josephine County. Country setting, right on the Rogue River.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Indian Mary is a nice place to stay BUT you will be with out cell service. You will have to back track on the road toward Merlin a few miles to get service.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only thing I found, was on Good Sam Site, http://www.goodsamclub.com/travel/campgroundsandrvparks/generalinfo.aspx?cgid=201419435#section-unde...'
No reviews there either, doesn't sound like much.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard people talk nice about Indian Mary (http://www.co.josephine.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=1878 ), but have not stayed there.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Gottahaveit
We have stayed at Valley of the Rogue many times and would highly recommend if you DON'T have a dog. We stayed the last year in May and the Ticks were horrible. Not sure if they just quit spraying or what since never had that problem in the past. It's a beautiful park with nice large sites.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
x6 for Valley of the Rogue State Park
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne wrote:
We are planning on traveling down the Oregon coast and cutting back to Grants Pass where we would like to spend a couple of nights. I'm a birder and it was recommended that we stay at White Horse Campground but RV Park Reviews lists only Lake Selmac. Is that one and the same? If not, would you recommend one over the other? or someplace else. (We prefer campgrounds over private RV places) Thanks in advance.

Haven't been to White Horse CG in many years but it was OK when I was their. Lake Selmac is not in a good area and I would not camp their, very little law enforcement in Josephine Co.
If you want a state CG go to Valley of the Rogue State Park south on I5 just past the city of Rogue River, easy in and out to I5 , right on the Rogue River.
J herb

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll second the Valley of the Rogue SP. A couple of years ago, though, my dog picked up a lot of ticks on the river trail.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Can't answer you question about White Horse Campground...
but we like Valley of the Rogue State Park...close by Grants Pass.
Have a good trip.

LINK...HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro