cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gulf Shores, AL at end of October?

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for warmer weather and considering Gulf Shores SP. It may be 15 degrees warmer than St. Louis! How are the mosquitoes this time of the year? We were at St. George Island (Aug. 2012) and they about carried us away! Is the gulf water warm enough to swim at the end of October?
Thanks,
Marcia
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB
7 REPLIES 7

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
We did a trip to GSSP last October and it was great. Not to hot, but on out last day a big cold front came through and my wife was glad instead of being sad when we left.

We stayed in one of the pull thru's right on the water. It was great drinking our coffee while looking at the water. We did not see any alligators that time, but saw them several times when we went back in May.

GSSP is our favorite park to go to. It is only a 10-15 minute walk to the beach from the canal pull thru sites. We walked to the beach every morning drinking our coffee on the May trip.
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies everyone. Exploring another beach now...
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

cruise-ader
Explorer
Explorer
Executive,
sorry to hear about your experience. We have great time at gulf state park. If you are ever back in the area, give it another try.
End of october is a great time of year. But the weather is VERy unpredictable. Last year was chilly, year before warm. Luck of the draw, but usually not hot. Some really good fishing during the fall.

craigt
Explorer
Explorer
Was there a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the state park.

No mosquitos at all but plenty of fire ants; bring or buy fire ant killer.

Yesterday's water temp 81*.

We stayed along the canal and every evening an 8-9' alligator came looking for food. It was obvious that people had been feeding it since it would come toward you if you looked like you were going to toss food. That does nothing to help the gator but will probably get it killed one day as a nuisance.

Pier fishing or surf fishing was good while we were there.
Craig & Susan
Roadside Dogs "Buddy", "Lily", & "Murphy"
F-150, Reese HD, Prodigy
Springdale 256 RLL

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
We have got into the water at Thanksgiving before.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We left Gulf Shores last week. We had reservations at the State Park but decided to cancel after a drive through. The woman taking the dollars to enter the park was rude, the woman inside the office was rude and the ranger turned out to be rude too. Three strikes you're out!...The pool is closed as of October 1st.

The Gulf waters are still warm with great swimming. Lots to do in the area too. Great restaurants..we ate at the Gulf restaurant in Orange Beach. Their outdoor seating was right at the sea wall.

Back to the State Park... I think if you stay there, you'll welcome the mosquitoes...:B:B...Dennis

Who aggravates alligators....:h...what do they do...poke at em with a stick....:S:S...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Because no one had responded, I will say that we have not been to Gulf Shores, but we are currently on the gulf in Mississippi. The 2 places should be very similar for weather. We are still having 85-90 degree days on a routine basis with lows at night 65-70. The water in the gulf is currently warm and I can't imagine it would get too cold in the next couple of weeks. I think we will be able to swim yet here. Hopefully someone who had been there can answer your question with more certainty.