cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heading south Florida for the month of Feburary

Deehazel57
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are going to be spending the month of Feburary om Florida. This will be the first time we have done this. We are looking for warm weather and a nice place to stay. Doesn't have to be fancy just clean and friendly people. Don't really know how to choose a place to stay. Would like some information please to see if we need to choose a place for the whole month or just go down and see what we can come up with. Thanks for any help.
15 REPLIES 15

MichDoc
Explorer
Explorer
Believe it or not, you'll probably have a harder time finding a place for a full month than if you traveled around a bit. Most parks have their monthly and seasonal sites already reserved, but you won't have any trouble finding spots for anywhere from one day to a week. The further south in Florida you go, the warmer it will be. There's quite a difference between Tallahassee and Naples temps. However, "cooler" is a relative thing, and we actually preferred the northern temps (upper 60's and low 70's) more than the hotter southern temps (80's). Also, the farther south, and the closer to the coast, the more you will pay, and the more congested it will be. We found the Spring Hill area to our liking......somewhat cooler but still nice, and much less traffic than even 30 miles further south. If you try that area, check out Holiday Spring RV Park. Also, try to get into some of the state park campgrounds, and don't forget to check the county park campgrounds as well. Some of those are even nicer than a lot of state parks. If you have any more questions, just post them in this same thread, and I and others will respond.