cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heading to Camden Yards, need advise on campground

L2R
Explorer
Explorer
We are avid White Sox fans and just bought tickets for April at Camden Yards.

Need some advise on places to stay for a few nights that is hopefully close by. Pull thru is preferred and probably will rent a car if no public/safe transportation is an option.

thanks in advance.
Just checked our bank account, we can retire today if I stop spending money now.
18 REPLIES 18

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
D & M wrote:
Lantley wrote:
D & M wrote:
L2R wrote:
The intent is to visit D.C. by day and Camden Yards by night.

That's probably not doable if you really want to see DC. No matter where you stay it's at least 45 minutes to an hour in and an hour out of DC on public trans. And another 45 minutes to an hour in and out for Baltimore. Visiting DC, while small, will consume a lot of time if you really want to see it all.

That being said, Cherry Hill is a good selection.

Baseball games start at 7:30. OP could tour DC 8-5 and still make it to the game.

They can try it if they want. I'm just saying that its going be a long day. Up at 6:00 to catch METRO at 7:00. Whirlwind touring till 4:30. Go back pick up the car. Go to game and get out at 10:30. Home by 11:30. Rinse. Repeat. Don't know if they have a three game stand. Heck of a pace. Don't know how many days I could do it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds like a classic Walt Disney World schedule.. if you ask my wife and check her plans, at least! ๐Ÿ˜„

I think my schedule would be "Okay kids, be back here when you get tired. I will be waiting here." :B
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
For anything Baltimore Cherry Hill is an awful long way away. Then there is the traffic between.

The KOA between Annapolis & Baltimore is right next to I97 & a quick easy zip into & out of town. Who wants a long ride home after a game?
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

csh_2088
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camden Yards is a beautiful ball park. Boog's Barbacue is also nearby and you might want to check it out.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
D & M wrote:
Lantley wrote:
D & M wrote:
L2R wrote:

That's probably not doable if you really want to see DC. No matter where you stay it's at least 45 minutes to an hour in and an hour out of DC on public trans. And another 45 minutes to an hour in and out for Baltimore. Visiting DC, while small, will consume a lot of time if you really want to see it all.

Baseball games start at 7:30. OP could tour DC 8-5 and still make it to the game.

They can try it if they want. I'm just saying that its going be a long day. Up at 6:00 to catch METRO at 7:00. Whirlwind touring till 4:30. Go back pick up the car. Go to game and get out at 10:30. Home by 11:30. Rinse. Repeat. Don't know if they have a three game stand. Heck of a pace. Don't know how many days I could do it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds like a classic Walt Disney World schedule.. if you ask my wife and check her plans, at least! ๐Ÿ˜„
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Heavy_Metal_Doc
Explorer
Explorer
just another option still pretty close in to both DC and Baltimore is Ramblin' Pines in Woodbine, MD.
http://ramblinpinescampground.com/

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
D & M wrote:
L2R wrote:

Dave
Lizzy (a Boston)

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
D & M wrote:
L2R wrote:

19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
L2R wrote:

Dave
Lizzy (a Boston)

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lantley wrote:
If DC is in the mix. Cherry Hill is your best bet. Very convenient to DC attractions. Close enough to Baltimore to see the Orioles....I mean White Sox...LOL

Ha... well played! Make sure you visit the Inner Harbor when you head up for the game. Beautiful downtown area with nice shops and restaurants. Even if you head up 3 hours before the game and walk around its a nice visit. If you have time, spend a day up there. The Aquarium is really nice, a good Science Museum if you have kids,
Fort McHenry... lots of stuff to do in Baltimore.

Heck, if you have another day to "waste", I would encourage you to wander over to Annapolis. Its the capitol of Maryland and its right on the water. Lots of cool shops and restaurants. The Naval Academy is there, the General Assembly of Maryland is there... lots more to do.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

L2R
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks EVERYONE.

Cherry Hill it is.
Just checked our bank account, we can retire today if I stop spending money now.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Cherry Hill.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
If DC is in the mix. Cherry Hill is your best bet. Very convenient to DC attractions. Close enough to Baltimore to see the Orioles....I mean White Sox...LOL
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer

Cherry Hill is the best option if you're going to do the DC tourist stuff during the day. Very convenient to the METRO (subway) system. About 27 miles to Camden Yards, but you'll also be dealing with some of the evening rush hour commute, too. Sounds like a long day, but doable. Enjoy!
2013 RT 190-Popular

L2R
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from North Carolina.