cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Henry Ford Museum

RonR2440
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning to visit the Dearborn, MI Henry Ford Museum this July. Are there any campgrounds in the area you recommend staying at? We have a 32' Class C, 30 amp. Thanks ahead of time for your comments.
19 REPLIES 19

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
You don't want to stay any place north of Dearborn this summer (or next...) if it would normally require use of I-75. I-75 southbound will be completely shut down from the Rouge Bridge to Taylor. NB will not be affected. This is through 2018. That will place a lot of traffic on already crowded I-94 and the Southfield Expressway, even the official detour is via another (and much, much longer) route.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
Camp Dearborn is a good recommendation, also could go to Sterling State Park in Monroe. Both are about a 35 - 40 minute drive depending on traffic. There is a KOA in Port Huron also; although it will be more expensive and probably a longer drive. There are a couple of campgrounds near Belleville, I have never been to them and they are not as popular. They would be about a 20 - 30 minute drive.

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have stayed several times at the Detroit-Greenfield RV park in Ypsilanti, MI. It's relatively close to the Henry Ford Museum.

RonR2440 wrote:
We are planning to visit the Dearborn, MI Henry Ford Museum this July. Are there any campgrounds in the area you recommend staying at? We have a 32' Class C, 30 amp. Thanks ahead of time for your comments.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's another auto museum in Auburn, IN that you might find interesting. It's the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum. It's about 2.5 hours from Dearborn. If you like old cars it's worth a visit.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, we stayed at Camp Dearborn in Milford Mi. Real nice place and huge.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400