cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Springs, Arkansas

bsr79
Explorer
Explorer
My wife, two boys, and I plus another family are looking at going to Hot Springs later this month first of next for a long weekend. We are looking at ideas for campgrounds for our stay. I know there are some state parks, national park, KOA, etc around, but we will not get in for the first night till late 9 or 10 pm. We are looking for somewhere that we could get two sites side by side with full hookups that will be fairly level and we can go ahead and reserve now so we don't have to drive around looking for a spot. We don't want to spend a bunch of time trying to level it out. DW also doesn't want a spot were the neighbor are right on top of us. Any suggestions.
18 REPLIES 18

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Living in the North Little Rock area back in the early 60s when in the Air Force we got to visit the Hot Springs area several times... Being well noted for its quartz deposits and even diamonds as well as real hot springs make this place very unique. Hard to imagine this area was part of the Gulf of Mexico many millions of year ago and the continent drift over-laid this area creating the Quachita small Mtn range in the East West direction not like the normal north-south directions of the other mountain ranges in the US... These small height mountains extend into OKLA and North East Texas... All around the Wichita Falls TX area you find Sea Fossils all over the flat country side there...

Enjoy your stay at Hot Springs while we are still blessed with it.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
What beats Lake Catherine in our opinion is Lake Quachita State Park! The full hoop up loop has some great sites on a beutiful lake. You are about 20 minutes from downtown Hot Springs but in a beautiful location. Check out the reviews on RV Park Reviews and then call the park directly to reserve a site.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
Kit Carson wrote:
We really do like Lake Catherine State Park. It is close to Hot Springs, has some FHU sites, level and large sites. Pretty lake there.

Cannot beat this place. Another great AR State Park. You may have to call to reserve two spots side by side. Sometimes it is hard to do online.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
We really do like Lake Catherine State Park. It is close to Hot Springs, has some FHU sites, level and large sites. Pretty lake there.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA