cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

January in central Florida

ddro
Explorer
Explorer
We are asking for some advice as to where we can spend the month of January in central Florida.
We will be taking our 33 ft motorhome and we are looking for somewhere that has a nice park with amenities like pool, laundry facilities FRIENDLY snow birds that play cards, have get togethers and is close to some activities. We will be pulling a trailer with a motorcycle and taking our service dog.
I am totally dumbfounded trying to find a resort or park that we would enjoy staying. YOUR HELP is needed please.
We don't care if it is inland or close to the ocean. We are totally open.
Would like somewhere where it will be at least in the 70s during the day and cool at night.
Any of you willing to give us a helping hand?
Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you.
8 REPLIES 8

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Doubling posting is not allowed on the forum. Please reply to this topic HERE.
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Intestate 4 is generally considered the "frost line."

North of the line you will see cooler temps in the day an maybe frost at night.

For the temperatures you outline, you will need to be south of that line.

The further south, the warmer.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Port orange is not bad in January. In 5 years never had a freeze in January.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

Bob_O
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Paradise Oaks RV Resort in Bushnell, FL last winter. We were there for 4 months and enjoyed the park. Friendly staff, friendly neighbors and a whole lot of activities. This is a newer well maintained park with grassy sites and concrete patios, excellent WIFI that was completely upgraded last year. Bushnell is about halfway between Orlando and Ocala and the weather tends to be moderate, temps in the high 60's and 70's during the day. We are returning again this winter.
Bushnell is near I-75 with easy access to I-75 and I-4. Here is their web address: http://www.theparadiseoaks.com/
Bob
1998 Dodge 2500 Cummins QuadCab
2009 Montana Big Sky

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Check rvparkreviews.com and rvparky.com for Bartow, Winter Haven, Lake Wales, Avon Park, Sebring, Frostproof, Polk City, Lake Placid. These are all south of I-4 and will probably be affordable. Sorry I can't directly help you as I live in WH/Lake Wales, so don't frequent the RV parks.

I'm from Lakeland, which is next door to where I live now, and the only one I'd look at there is Sanlan. We've driven through a few times, and it didn't float my boat, but it's worth a look-see.

We do go to Westgate River Ranch outside of Lake Wales. We love it there. There are things to do there-has a cowboy/western motif with a rodeo, but shopping and other activities are 30 minutes away.

There is a park off I-4 in Polk City-LeLynn RV Park that looks like some place I would consider.

Good luck and welcome to Florida!!
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out Camp Lemora in Thonotassa.
Right near Tampa and the Hillsboro River

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

jk31668