cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kamper's Lodge Wilson NC

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
Just decided to venture east of where we live other than going to the beach and this place looks very promising. Pretty good reviews online too. Anyone who's camped here before please chime in. I love BBQ, and there a few renowned restaurants in the Wilson area I'd love to try as well.
7 REPLIES 7

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I was surprised to see those ratings. I was so dismayed with the park that I stayed a month and thoroughly enjoyed it.:B What's the old saying.... one man's poison...? There is plenty to do for a weekend. The thing I enjoyed was it was quiet, peaceful, close in for grocery shopping, ridiculously low priced and yet within an easy drive to two sizable cities in the area while working.
RVn Full-time

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I'll pass on that one. The Neuseway didn't have good nor recent reviews, so I didn't consider it. That's stupid cheap though!

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
Twice, I've stayed at Kamper's Lodge in Wilson while working in the area. Once in 05 for 5 nights and again late summer for two nights last year. Their association with PA was the reason I stopped in. Both times, I encountered new owners. This last time, their PA rate at check-in conflicted with the posted rate listed with PA online. Not significantly, but their attitude was less than friendly about it. They were permissive in allowing locals in the area to use the CG pool at a charge, of course. The pool was relatively small and it seemed crowded. Kamper's Lodge is good for an overnight on the PA rate.

For a much nicer camping experience, take NC-58 S 40 miles to Kinston, NC and stay at Neuseway Park. $12/nite FHUs, a Nature Center, Planetarium and a Health & Science Museum.
RVn Full-time

05kountrystar
Explorer
Explorer
Owners and staff are great.Power is clean and water pressure is good.The 2most popular BBQ spots are Bills and Parker's.Bills has the best North Carolina BBQ I have had.

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input, I'll keep watching for other reviews online too.

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there last year and it is an OK place, new owners and he was making improvements, probably several since we left. Try to get by the place where they are restoring the whirlygigs.

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
Overnighted there about 3 years ago. It was good for an overnight, would not qualify as a "resort". Site was fairly level, was easy getting in and out as I recall. Hook ups were no problem. We were passing through so did not have time to explore the area.