cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Gogebic State Park, Michigan

clinthia
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking for personal opinions and comments. I have already looked at RVParkreviews.
Thanks, Clint
2007.5 Dodge 3500 4X4 Crewcab with 6.7 Cummins
2004 EC950 w/ slideout
2 Costco 6 volts
Yamaha EF1000IS
Kyocera solar panel
GO POWER 300 watt 12 volt PSW inverter
TorkLift tiedowns with Fastguns
Timbrens
Homemade bumpstops
The Schnauzers Madeline & Genevieve
6 REPLIES 6

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there about ten years ago and had a nice site on the lake. We usually avoid the waterfront sites as they are too close together but the sardine can lots were not on the lake there.
We like lots of trees and shade and we had some trees at the end of the lot. We came from the west as we had gone around Lake Superior.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I visited toward the end of August. It's a really isolated park, if you want to fish or play on the water, the lake looked great. The park extends across the highway for hiking, etc, but it was too hot for me to explore.

The sites along the lake were VERY MUDDY when I was there, and not one was flat and level. The interior sites are nice and grassy. I took a nice large corner space and was able to pull in sideways, that was with my station wagon, with a truck, probably not enough room.

The "porkies" or Porcupine Mountains are about an hour's drive North on Lake Superior, if you like hiking.

When I visited, I was coming home from the west, so I was on 28 already. The roads were in good shape, but limited services.

I would not trust the online reservations system for this park, when I visited, the DNR website showed the park very full, but in reality there were very few campers.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

clinthia
Explorer
Explorer
For those that have been to Lake Gogebic SP did you enter from the north off of Hwy 28 or from the south off of Hwy 2?
Thanks, Clint
2007.5 Dodge 3500 4X4 Crewcab with 6.7 Cummins
2004 EC950 w/ slideout
2 Costco 6 volts
Yamaha EF1000IS
Kyocera solar panel
GO POWER 300 watt 12 volt PSW inverter
TorkLift tiedowns with Fastguns
Timbrens
Homemade bumpstops
The Schnauzers Madeline & Genevieve

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed up the road a bit at Ontonogon County Park. Had a site right on the water. Only issues were the skeeters...tons of em. The Lake is clean and the fishing was good. beautiful area but not too much as far as city type stuff goes...We were there in August....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know of a few people who have summer places in the area, and they say it`s beautiful!!! other than that they have said the state park is nice. sorry, that`s all I can offer, but I will watch the thread because I would like to make it to the area.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dizzo
Explorer
Explorer
My family and I stayed here for a week in August and enjoyed it very much. I think we stayed on site 36 - right on the water. If at all possible I would recommend one of the sites that back up to the lake. The sites seemed to be a good size and everyone was very friendly. We did need an extension cord as we were quite a ways from the power.

Lot's of things in the area to see and do. We hunted down a number of waterfalls and had a great time. Let me know if you have any specific questions.