cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Levi Jackson & All Other Kentucky SPs; Never Again!

Turn_Key
Explorer
Explorer
Well, about a month ago my wife and I along with another couple spent a few days at Levi Jackson State Park in London, Kentucky. We were not very pleased with our stay and after our return, I took the time to sent an email to the State of Kentucky using their system on their state park site. I waited for any type of response but got none. I am forced to believe that they have little interest in their state parks or what out-of-state visitors think of them. I posted a copy of my email below. Thought some here might be interested. These are just my impressions and the impressions of those traveling with me. If you feel that I am incorrect, that is fine as all are welcome to their opinion.

"On 10/2/16 my wife and I arrived at Levi Jackson State Park for a reserved, 4-night stay. We were on a 5-week trip with another couple and this was our second stop. If we had known what we were driving into, I believe we would have left.
We were assigned to two sites towards the back of the property. The other coupleโ€™s site (H14, I believe) was fairly easy to get into but not very level. Also, his power post was so far from his trailer and on the wrong side that he was fortunate to have an extension power line and an extra hose. Even at that, he was forced to run on 30 amps even though his trailer is equipped for 50 amps.
The site my wife and I were assigned (H13, I believe) was such that to get in, I had to twist the truck and trailer around a tree, leaving my truck off the pavement (what pavement there was). This left my truck so off level in comparison to the trailer that I refused to un-hitch, fearing I would not be able to re-hitch when preparing to leave the park. Of course, this left my trailer less than stable, allowing it to bounce and shimmy every time somebody moved inside it. Additionally, even though the water spigot for this site looks to have been recently rebuilt, there is a significant underground leak causing the area around it and my site to be constantly wet and muddy. It should be noted that both of the sites described were alleged to be โ€œpull-thruโ€.
On the day we were scheduled to leave (Friday), the park had a โ€œGarage Saleโ€ scheduled. By Thursday afternoon I was beginning to fear that I would have trouble getting out the next morning. This was due to an extensive influx of โ€œcampersโ€ coming in and setting up their wares for the next dayโ€™s sale. I am not accustomed to the idea of โ€œFlea Marketsโ€ being run inside of state parks. In my home state of Texas, this is not allowed and after seeing the results in one of your parks, I am truly glad that we do not.
These are just two of a number of complaints I have about this park. Fixing just these two would vastly improve it.
I looked at the park pictures you have on your site. If all of the park looked (and was) nearly as nice as those pictures portrayed (Section D), you would have something to be proud of. As it is, I canโ€™t see us ever returning to a Kentucky State Park."

As I said above, these are my views as expressed to the State of Kentucky. Others are welcome to their view of this park.

Hope all have a great Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Turn Key and DW
Bentley, One Very Pushy Chiweenie
Sunshine, One Crazy Pug (I Guess They All Are!)
'03 Chevy 2500HD, 4X4, X-Cab, Long-Bed
'14 Winnebago 26FWRKS ("Sunday Haus III")
Twin Kayaks, "The Ride" by Wilderness Systems
32 REPLIES 32

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I would have just left and found another place to stay the next day.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
As I said above, these are my views as expressed to the State of Kentucky. Others are welcome to their view of this park.

Hope all have a great Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Life is an adventure. You can't expect every place to be like your home state. That would be no fun. Chill some.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
So after 1 visit to a Kentucky State Park where things weren't up to snuff for you now you are saying ALL their SP's are like that and you will never stay at one again?

My oh my!!

:h :S :R
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel