cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lock & Dam Park, Rome Georgia

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
We need a place to spend a few nights in Rome, Georgia. Can anyone comment on the Lock & Dam Park in Rome, operated by Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority? It's not in rv park reviews site.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida
7 REPLIES 7

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
In case someone else wants to use Lock and Dam Park near Rome Ga, we just spent 4 nights there in site 1. Some site's have full hook ups, but we had water and electric. Only one other MH in the campground while we were there ( and wouldn't you know that we both wanted to use the dump station at exactly the same time :).

Very quiet and well landscaped and cared for. We'd use it again.

It does have a very old boat lock that appears to have been inactive for many years.

I'll put a post on rv park reviews also

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the posts and suggestions. I think we'll give the Lock and Dam a try as its location is better for us. If we don't like it, we'll relocate to the Cave Springs location.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I rode thru it. Not a resort but not a bad place for a few days. I live about 40 minutes from there. Much nicer place in Cave Springs just down the road.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Here's their website:

http://www.rfpra.com/park_Lock%20Dam.html

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a fairly nice park. Not much description on the FB page, but I see campers parked around. Seems to be focused on fishing mostly. I would go there.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

flyinjake
Explorer
Explorer
I have not been there but they do have a facebook page. May want to take a look a the photos.

flyinjake
Explorer
Explorer
I have not been there but they do have a facebook page. May want to take a look a the photos.