cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long Key State Park max size changes

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
So I was recently checking my reservation at Long Key and saw that the max vehicle size for my site was 30'. Oops...did I make a big mistake? My 35' isn't even close!

Turns out that I did not. They have changed their max vehicle lengths for at least some of their sites. The largest rv now accepted for reservations is 32'. But don't panic...they are honoring all existing reservations if you were within the site specifications at the time of your reservation.

Seems like this will be my last year to get into Long Key...glad I got the reservation!
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W
4 REPLIES 4

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
The FSP system has some of the best locations in the nation and could do so much more with them if it wasn't for some silly policies they have.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I, too, have found FL state park length restrictions rather conservative. I usually fudge (lie) when making a reservation. It's only come back on me once when I couldn't turn into a site because of a tree at its front corner. I had to come into the site from the opposite direction with the host's assistance. No one at an office has ever challenged me on length.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
NHIrish wrote:

The largest rv now accepted for reservations is 32'. But don't panic...they are honoring all existing reservations if you were within the site specifications at the time of your reservation.

Seems like this will be my last year to get into Long Key...glad I got the reservation!

No problem for you next year. If you fit this year in the site.
Next year reservations. You now have a 30' MH. ๐Ÿ™‚

When you arrive next year. I bet no one will get a tape measure out to check your length before they let you in.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

Cdash
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't worry. I generally take off a few feet from my length when reserving at State parks and add a few feet to my length when reserving at private parks. I've found that state parks are pretty conservative in their length restrictions and private parks will at times try to put 10# in a 5# bag.

This hasn't bit me yet! If it ever does bite me, I plan to take it in stride realizing that it's my own fault.