cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for good spots

Ceno
Explorer
Explorer
Currently in MD an want to get out for some boondocking this summer. Hoping to find some primitive inexpensive spots in the area, PA, western MD, VA or WV. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Chris
3 REPLIES 3

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Green Ridge State Forest in Maryland: used to be boondocking sites, but now you need a permit.

George Washington National Forest has some dispersed tent sites. I never ran across a site large enough for a tt, but your best bet is to check with them - rules change since my last visit.

Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia was one of my favorite places. Lots of dry camp and boondock opportunities. Check out the Dolly Sods area. Next best - Seneca Rocks.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

tonyandkaren
Explorer
Explorer
You won't find any BLM land where you can camp in the east. The best places in the east are national forests, some state forests and Corp of Engineer parks. The Inter-Agency Pass is a good deal but unless you're disabled or over 62 the only thing you'll get is free entry to any federal site that charges a daily fee. Half price camping comes with a Access or a Senior pass.

Check here for some ideas of where to go - http://freecampsites.net/usa/

We recently stayed in a really nice free campground on AEP Recreation land in Ohio.
Our Fulltiming Blog

Clickable Attractions Maps

4x4 Custom Class C on F450 chassis

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
Ceno wrote:
Currently in MD an want to get out for some boondocking this summer. Hoping to find some primitive inexpensive spots in the area, PA, western MD, VA or WV. Any help would be great!

Thanks
Chris

If you want primitive, look into BLM Campgrounds in your area. Also try and get an Inter-Agency Pass. Good for all US Govt. Camping area's.
If you are 62 or Older or Disabled you can get a Lifetime Inter-Agency Pass and Pay Half price at all Govt.Campsites.