cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mid and West Washington State

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I am planing a trip in 2018 and after visit Olympia NP will drive to Glacier NP and Yellowstone NP and then back to Seattle.

What places should I see in Mid and West Washington other than Mt Rainer and Grand Coulee Dam?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
11 REPLIES 11

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Mt. St. Helens X2.

If you go to Cape Disappointnent, you could run down to Astoria, OR. Great town with a wonderful maritime museum, more Lewis and Clark sites nearby.

travisc
Explorer
Explorer
The north cascades is nice also across highway 20
Winnebago Access 24V

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
Mount St Helens is a great stop in my book.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
George, WA has worlds largest cherry pie on the Fourth of July

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
George Washington. Just to say you've been there.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
The WA coast....Cape Disappointment State Park.
2 iconic lighthouses, Lewis and Clark Museum.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Dry Falls, drive down to the bottom and look up!
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually you spelled Coeur d'Alene right, but missed Coulee and Wilbur.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
I am planing a trip in 2018 and after visit Olympia NP will drive to Glacier NP and Yellowstone NP and then back to Seattle.

What places should I see in Mid and West Washington other than Mt Rainer and Grand Coulee Dam?

Driving east, take the port Townsend Ferry to Copeville, and follow Highway 20 over the North Cascades to Okanogan and then Grand Cooley, and to Wilber and Highway #2, east to Spokane, then use 90 to Coeurd'e Alene (sp) then north on 95 to #2 again. that avoids going down town Spokane. then east to Glacier Park. Drive the highway to the sun, and return via 2-97-90-2 nd see Leavenworth on the way west.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
While they don't have much of a campground (Dry camping in the overflow parking lot for anything over 20') Palouse Falls State Park about 2 hours southwest of Spokane has an interesting waterfall:

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Grand Coulee Dam, see the laser show on face of dam.
On US 2 is town of Leavenworth. Motify of a Bavarian town.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker