cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moab Utah

jocat54
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to take a trip to Moab, but aren't able to leave until the middle of October. Then on to the Grand Canyon.
What is the weather like there that time of the year normally. Is that to late, don't want to get stuck in any winter storms if possible.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

John & Kathy & Gizmo (maltipoo)
1999 38ft Monaco Diplomat DP
Leakey, Tx (Texas Hill Country)
4 REPLIES 4

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Either destination will be fine in October, any storm will just be passing through quickly as it is too early for anything severe.

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
I've lived in Moab off and on for 20 years. You're going at the prime time. Fewer tourists and no bugs and nice cooler weather. Even if you get some weather, it's usually nice enough to do whatever you want. I've camped there in Nov and Dec and the nights can be chilly (40s) but the days are often in the 60s, sometimes the 70s.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Our normal time to go to Moab is the end of October. Chilly at night, sometimes a little rainy during the day. Perfect t shirt and shorts hiking weather most years we have been there. Not crowded, plenty of camping available. We think it is the perfect time.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to Wunderground.com or Weather.com, you can see what the historical weather is for a period of time. This is probably even better than peoples isolated experiences.

I went to the GC in October - it was lovely, cool and not crowded. No rain, but that was that year.