cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monument valley

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about heading to Monument Valley on Monday. The KOA is closed. Any recommendations for a RV park in the general area? I will most likely take my motorcycle with me to travel the area or, alternatively take a friend's Razor.
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner
20 REPLIES 20

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Again, there is no KOA in Monument Valley. The Monument Valley KOA is in Monument Valley, UT, about 7 miles from Monument Valley, AZ: Milepost 2, Highway 163, Monument Valley, UT 84536

Kober
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. The KOA is closed until March. As it turns out the weather is taking a turn for the worse there next week (40 degrees, brr.) so I'm going to head west to the Salton Sea area where it will be in the 70's.
2014 Coachmen Freelander 29qb, towing a trailer with my toys:
2020 Honda Talon SXS, or
2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe
2008 Road Star 1100
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER, AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Retired 25 years US ARMY, retired 24 years business owner

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Gouldings. That's where we stayed.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gouldingโ€™s.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like gypsies post.
Be careful about just drving around off the pavement on the Navajo Res. It extends into Utah all the way to the San Juan River. I was just talking with some Navajo today about their wild sheep population north of MV.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think there's been a KOA at Monument Valley. Your only option right there is Gouldings RV and the dry camping near the Visitor Center. Otherwise you'll have to drive north to find something.

I doubt that you can do any off-roading on the lands of Monument Valley. You'd have to find some BLM or national forest land.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel