cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Must Have Boondocking Items?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Let's have a little fun. What do you consider to be "must have" items when you go boondocking?

I'll start:

1. Two AGM 6v or Group 27 12v batteries
2. Solar power (100 watts)
3. Propane (2x5 gal tanks)
4. Seven gallon portable water tank
5. First Aid Kit
6. Water Purification Kit
7. Saw Zaw (for cutting firewood)
8. Firestarter
9. Camera
10. Altimeter App
11. Dump Station Location App
12. GPS/Maps
13. GPS locator
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
199 REPLIES 199

bmaison
Explorer
Explorer
most important items to carry are DUCT TAPE and an adjustable wrench

SuzzeeeQ2012
Explorer
Explorer
this might have already been posted, not sure.

Costco has the LED motion detector lights (the one in El Centro California does, anyway) We put them above the stove, countertop and the hall. Just simply walk in, and lights come on ๐Ÿ™‚ LOVE them Battery operated.
1997 HR Endeavor Turbo Diesel

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
Two corkscrews, in case you lose one!
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"

mlynds
Explorer
Explorer
Road Runners wrote:
Make that a 4500Watt generator and a big air conditioner. And... a internet satellite hook up. I tell you it is hell out in the wilds anymore.

im with ya I mean were not savages. my wife says as long as her flat iron works she is fine. give me air conditioning or give me death lol

Calisdad
Explorer
Explorer
fltrker wrote:
What's a piecost

PIECOST: Probability of Incurring Estimated Cost

or- something that fights with cats

or- about $7 ๐Ÿ˜‰

fltrker
Explorer
Explorer
What's a piecost

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Other acronyms:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15889343.cfm

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
PUP - Pop Up trailer camper
TT - Travel Trailer. TH - Toy Hauler TT, with "garage area" in back for dirt bikes and similar "toys".
5th, fiver - 5th wheel camper
MH - Motorhome

bbaley
Explorer
Explorer
Downwindtracker2 wrote:
I like your box, it sure beats my plastic tool box. I pack much the same sort of stuff.

We had a lifted PUP, which ran off propane, we used it for the light, stoves, and BBQ. I found the Coleman stove much nicer to cook on.

The only survival gear that we used in 20 years was a 12volt air compressor. I was too lazy to change the Jeep's tire.

Couple of times we were five hours from the nearest gas station, then we had to pack gas to get out.

What is a PUP ?
Our Equipment:
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Outdoorsman Pkg Cummmins 6.7
2016 Keystone Cougar 26rbiwe
2012 model golden retriever
2007 model Chiweenie
Scott/Sage Fly Rods (3wt thru 8wt)
Newer than antique models navigator and driver.

4kyyote
Explorer
Explorer
Fire extinguishers and cans of wasp spray. Can carry around an not raise concern...great self defense on all 2 and 4 legged "pests".
And now that Sam Adams has "sam-in-a-can", I'm good! Light weight and now can carry more! Look at all the alky stoves I can make!

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
I like your box, it sure beats my plastic tool box. I pack much the same sort of stuff.

We had a lifted PUP, which ran off propane, we used it for the light, stoves, and BBQ. I found the Coleman stove much nicer to cook on.

The only survival gear that we used in 20 years was a 12volt air compressor. I was too lazy to change the Jeep's tire.

Couple of times we were five hours from the nearest gas station, then we had to pack gas to get out.
Adventure before dementia

bbaley
Explorer
Explorer
I've really enjoyed this topic and can't believe how long it's been alive !

I ended up making a "truck box" for me and my friends to put the boondocking/survival items in - at least the ones that are relevant to when also not boondocking,
e.g. just up in the woods or logging roads, etc.

It has an axe, ropes, tow strap, various tools and supplies, fire starting stuff, dehydrated food, fishing gear, pellet gun, tarps, various survival items and the like.

Pretty handy. I just throw it in back whenever I head for the woods now. nice piece of mind - especially 50 miles out some logging road you might not see someone for... well... long time. in the snow.

Our Equipment:
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Outdoorsman Pkg Cummmins 6.7
2016 Keystone Cougar 26rbiwe
2012 model golden retriever
2007 model Chiweenie
Scott/Sage Fly Rods (3wt thru 8wt)
Newer than antique models navigator and driver.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone mention insect repellant? Nothing makes me more miserable than scratching all night long!

I'd rather go without a meal or two than my repellant.

Dry socks are pretty important for comfort. And a chair. that's all.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aurabbit,

We have a 24 foot Class C too .... where/how do you carry the extra 65 gallons of fresh water?
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ilv2laff
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like all ya'll have a great time together!
Rolling On,

Steve

My 2012 Thought of the Year: No one has a right to consume happiness without producing it ~ Helen Keller

Steve Hintz