cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Feedback on Jekyll Island Campground

hawkhill
Explorer
Explorer
I just made reservations for Memorial Day week at Jekyll Island Campground. We have reservations for Site B10, a full hookup 50A site. I cannot locate any pictures of the site or get a clear view of the campground from Google (too much tree cover). We are driving a longbed 3500 RAM crewcab dually pulling a 38ft Carriage Cameo 5th wheel with 3 slides. I just wanted to make sure that we could fit comfortable in this site. It appears to be a shorter site on the map, but the reservation desk said we should be fine. It is sized for a 45' unit and there is additional room for our truck that is not included in that. Anyone familiar with this site and park? Not a lot of flexibility on Memorial Day so before we do the long drive, I want to make sure we fit. Thanks
2015 RAM 3500 dually Deep Cherry Red Crystal 6.7 Cummins Aisin 6-Speed
2008 Carriage Cameo F35SB
Jeff "Loving DH"
Smokey & Purrshing, Our Ragdolls
Gordie, Springer Spaniel
True Blue, Aussie
12 REPLIES 12

Louba
Explorer
Explorer
We're in G26 - Bighorn
2011 Bighorn 3385RL
2005 Chev 2500HD LS 4x4 D/A
Curt 20K

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Louba wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
How long are you staying? We will be there Monday.

We're leaving on Tuesday. Will have been here a week on our slow trek down to Florida for the winter.
We will be in the tail end of H section. Pride 5er.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Louba
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:

We're leaving on Tuesday. Will have been here a week on our slow trek down to Florida for the winter.
2011 Bighorn 3385RL
Curt 20K

Louba
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you'll have any problem fitting on the site. Lengthwise there is at least 15-20 feet unused with the fifth wheel that is currently there. Plenty of side to side space also even though the slide of this person is right up on the electric box. I don't know if the picture will help any but here it is.

2011 Bighorn 3385RL
Curt 20K

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Louba wrote:
I'm here at Jekyll Island campground right now! I'll try and get you a picture of the site tomorrow and post it.
Eddie
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Owner- The Toy Shop-
We love 56 T-Birds

Louba
Explorer
Explorer
I'm here at Jekyll Island campground right now! I'll try and get you a picture of the site tomorrow and post it.
2011 Bighorn 3385RL
Curt 20K

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
I've recently driven through this CG to check it out, and maybe it's just me, but I don't like it. It was raining, so very muddy. The sites look close and cramped, and nothing separates them. Google the CG name and then click on the images link. The park gets good reviews, but again, not my idea of a nice CG.

Us either....the roads are dirt. The alternate to muddy roads when its raining will be dusty roads when it isn't and we have seen people mention this before. The location is good. Tank some skin so soft or equivalent type of stuff for the sand gnats, depending on when you go and the weather.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

_en_Plain_Air_
Explorer
Explorer
We were at that CG in October. Loved the easy access to ocean, bay and tour sites. Beautiful walking and biking trails are nearby. Lovely and very accommodating staff. We would definitely go back.

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Looked tight when we drove by,also like crooked river.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will fit fine in B10. I have stayed in it several times with 37 ft. mh. and now 37ft 5er. We love the cg and go there often. Take your bikes and ride the beach at low tide. Lots of bike trails. If your the RESORT type person you may be happier somewhere else.
Eddie
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Owner- The Toy Shop-
We love 56 T-Birds

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I've recently driven through this CG to check it out, and maybe it's just me, but I don't like it. It was raining, so very muddy. The sites look close and cramped, and nothing separates them. Google the CG name and then click on the images link. The park gets good reviews, but again, not my idea of a nice CG.

The better options - IMO in that area are Crooked River State park and Ft. McAllister State park.

See both here

Of course, the positives are the water park and site seeing on the island. Not a whole lot to do at the CG.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is a view of the row you will be in. I personally don't like the campground for bigger rigs because of all the trees. You can fit and will be fine just take your time: See it
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"