cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Michigan State Park System is Operational

JRS___B
Explorer
Explorer
It appears the new system actually came online early.

You can navigate the site without typing. It all pretty much clicking on menus. Kind of neat, and faster.

And, of course, the big thing is the pictures of all of the individual sites.

I got a kick out of the fact that Site 152 on Muskallonge Lake State Park includes a picture of my tent and boat trailer. I guess they were on a tight deadline and could not wait until I vacated the site to take the picture.
16 REPLIES 16

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Super neat and very informative new site and so easy to use! Even though we HAVE been staying in Michigan State Parks CG's for 50 years now and know so many of what the campsites actually look like, the pics of the sites are so welcome. Yup, we just can't remember them all and sometimes they make changes to them over the years! The pics are even lot more important to those who haven't stayed in many of the over 100 state parks or the over 140 state forest CG's.

We just happened to be staying at Burt Lake SP on site 238 when they were taking some of the campsite pics of unoccupied sites. He had a camera mounted about 2 feet over his head on a backframe tubular structure and walked from site to site snapping a couple pics of each unoccupied site. The pic fo #238 doesn't show us there so he must have taken the pic after we left.

I didn't find the same CG layout showing where the individual sites are that was on the site before the change. Maybe I missed it!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Just went there. Wow! Checked out site we were on just a couple of weeks ago. This is the best state park site I have ever seen. Maybe ReserveAmerica can take a hint from this.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS