cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new orleans

mrhibs
Explorer
Explorer
Planning on a trip to New Orleans for the Christmas Holiday. Any suggestions on where to stay.
19 REPLIES 19

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Not close in, but safe and fair priced is St. Bernard state park. 20 min. from the Quarter. Stayed there through Mardi Gras 2013. never had any worry driving thru the 7th or 9th wards between the camp and the city.

nelson
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in a nice campground in Kenner just weat of New orleans 7 or 8 years ago. It was nice, Sorry can't remember the name. They had a Van at the time that took you into New Orleans everyday and picked you up laiter in the day.
2002 Damon Challenger 348 Ford V10
Blue Ox Auto Stop and Aventa II Tow Bar
2001 Ford Sport Trac with Remco Driveshaft Disconnect

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Pontchartrain Landing RV Park is pretty good and not too far from the French Quarter.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing about the French quarter one is that I have read some people hear gunshots after dark (which I totally believe). Bayou Signette is nice and about 25 minutes away.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

Durhamcutter
Explorer
Explorer
There are 3 campgrounds in New Orleans , there is one close to the French Quarters, they are not cheap but are very pretty and the service is great, can't remember the names of the campground but look in your travel books and they are listed. Good Camping in La.