cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elkmont: Do you want: will cancel best site July 28 - Aug 11

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
I have to cancel two weeks of the best campsite at Elkmont in Smokey Mountains National Park. Site is F8. Dates are July 28 to Aug 11 (two weeks). Post or PM me if you want to arrange cancellation time so you can grab the site. I have photos of the site I can post if needed.
Please visit www.cram-a-lot-inn.com to learn more about our travel adventures.

2000 F350 7.3PSD
2010 Jayco 324BHDS Travel Trailer
6 REPLIES 6

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Those loops filled before the time opened in which I could reserve. Our host then opened up G and H for us, and I grabbed G1.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
jayco304 wrote:
If you are limiting yourself to those loops you will limit the sites. I am out on Business trip but when I get home I have a map that has site ratings and I can give better advice. The reservation website has photos of the campsites. I will not have many photos in the loops that you requested since we don't stay in that area of the campground.

Yes, obviously this limits the sites to choose from, but that's where the others will be. The point of attending a rally is to be near them. As it is, I may not get in those loops anyway as there are many signed up to attend. I did view photos of sites from the reservation page, but many times there is a camper blocking the view of the actual site. Would be nice to see more photos.
1 shih tzu
Our photos

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
If you are limiting yourself to those loops you will limit the sites. I am out on Business trip but when I get home I have a map that has site ratings and I can give better advice. The reservation website has photos of the campsites. I will not have many photos in the loops that you requested since we don't stay in that area of the campground.

2000 F350 7.3PSD

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
I will be attending a rally held at Elkmont, and would like recommendations on sites within loops J, K, L, M, and N. Would love to be by the water, and size of site can be small as I camp in a T@B pulled by a Jeep. If anyone has any photos of sites within those loops, I would sure appreciate seeing them!
1 shih tzu
Our photos

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
F8 has been cancelled and is available now

2000 F350 7.3PSD

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 of F8 been there many of times...

This site is at the beginning of the river run and is somewhat isolated from the other nearby sites... The only downside is the walk to the bath house and of course being on the site road curve all the headlights of the cars coming around the corner will light up the camp site...

It is still one of my best sites at ELKMONT...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS