cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

North Spokane RV Campground in WA

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We were looking forward to enjoying our stay in this park, but needed to cancel because of needing some unexpected repairs to our RV. When we called to cancel, we were told they have a no refund policy. We are cancelling for a date in late JULY! We reserved over the phone and we're not told of this policy. After being told no refund, we did find that in our email confirmation..: in 3 years of FT, we have never seen this! We do understand not cancelling too close to the date, or a small processing fee. We also know that some places have deposits that you lose if you cancel too close to arrival date. We rarely need to cancel, but DO expect reasonable cancellation fees, rather than this NO refund policy. They offer a 1 year voucher which we will not be able to use... Be aware of this policy if you choose to reserve there! We WON'T be visiting this park in the future because of what we consider this unreasonable policy.
6 REPLIES 6

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really feel for you folks. We have driven thru that park and it is pretty darn nice. Believe you me by trying to cancel now, by July, they will have filled that site. Next thing that PO's me is, there will be somebody in that site at that time, sort of like "Double Dipping"!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Live and learn. By avoiding the CG forever are you punishing them or punishing yourself? While you may not have been aware of the policy or find it unreasonable, was it actually posted somewhere where you could have seen it?
You assumed the policy was like everyone else, which is reasonable However your assumption was incorrect.
If policy was publicly posted some of the responsibility is on the consumer to know the policies at the time the reservation is placed. Failure to do so may leave may cause hardship down the road.
I imagine no refund policies are rare, however I am sure this is not the only park with a no refund voucher policy.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Y-Guy
You might try contacting your credit card company and putting the charge into dispute. It's not a guarantee but if if they did not disclose the refund policy prior you might have a chance. Doesn't hurt to try.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
The promised voucher has not arrived...

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Too Bad. Take the voucher, check with the Park and see if you can let someone else use it. If yes, then maybe sell it or give to a fellow rv.net member.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I feel for you, but I'm not surprised. It has happened to me twice. On one I cancelled just half an hour after making the reservation. Those were two parks I'll never go to.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"