cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ocean lakes mess

wvhurricane
Explorer
Explorer
Have spent the week in ocean lakes at myrtle beach. This park is completely out of control. The children on golf carts rule the roads from 8:30 pm on....trying to walk the dog is an exercise in simple survival. It is 12:39 and I am parked next to an extremely loud and obnoxious party next door. Security has chosen not to interfere. I will never ever come back here again.
99 REPLIES 99

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
mockybird wrote:
Maybe they read RV.Net.............Or heard that wb was coming to town ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nah I think it was CecilT. They saw the VaTech golf cart and said there goes the neighborhood. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe they read RV.Net.............Or heard that wb was coming to town ๐Ÿ˜‰
Gary

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
jtbr3 wrote:
Just returned from week at Pirateland after staying prior year at OL. Vowed never to go back to OL with young kids due to crazy carts so tried Pirateland and was very happy. Yes still alot of carts but by 11pm, they are all gone and it was quiet. In addition, majority were adults using them. Also, recommend far left hand side which was not as busy as the nightly parade was on right side under watch of security. Security was very noticeable.

I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for the HT on Pirateland too.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We've been noticing at least 5 or more security on the nightly parade strip this year. They have also stopped it at the end of the road on the south end of it. They are staying active with checking kids for their age, I've seen them confiscate beer from adults and other various things. They aren't just standing around not doing anything. Even saw one the other night running after a kid that was going up and down the road in between the carts.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

jtbr3
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from week at Pirateland after staying prior year at OL. Vowed never to go back to OL with young kids due to crazy carts so tried Pirateland and was very happy. Yes still alot of carts but by 11pm, they are all gone and it was quiet. In addition, majority were adults using them. Also, recommend far left hand side which was not as busy as the nightly parade was on right side under watch of security. Security was very noticeable.
08 Four Winds Chateau Kodiak 34H

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
wvhurricane wrote:
Have spent the week in ocean lakes at myrtle beach. This park is completely out of control. The children on golf carts rule the roads from 8:30 pm on....trying to walk the dog is an exercise in simple survival. It is 12:39 and I am parked next to an extremely loud and obnoxious party next door. Security has chosen not to interfere. I will never ever come back here again.

In addition to Huntington State Park another thread reminded me of another local state park Myrtle Beach State Park

Both Huntington and MBSP have the option of full hook ups or water/electric only. Both are very nice places and within a short distance of the beach. Just click on the links to get info on the pets regs and the facilities offered.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
wvhurricane wrote:

If you would still like to visit the area without the Ocean Lakes mess, check out Huntington Beach State Park just to the south of Myrtle Beach. Very nice park. Very quiet compared to the others in the area. From their website:
Standard Sites with Elec. & Water : 107 sites $21-41/site/night. Note: Rates listed do not include applicable sales tax and nonrefundable transaction fee.

Full Hookup Sites with Elec, Water, Sewer : 24 sites at $24-47/site/night. Note: Rates listed do not include applicable sales tax and nonrefundable transaction fee.

See more here http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/huntingtonbeach/camping.aspx

A lot less campsites and often harder to get into than the other campgrounds. Also, the campground part is not really oceanfront, which could be a negative or positive for some. Also no sewer, wifi or cable and other amenities (pool, not sure if HBSP has a laundry or not, store, restaurant, kids activities, adult activities, shows, and more) that some may want. Distance is about 11 miles south of ocean lakes, further away from myrtle beach if you are looking to be closer to myrtle beach.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Does OL allow UTV's?

Not gas powered. I electric, you will have to ask them directly about it. But golf carts have to have $50,000 liability insurance on them.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
wvhurricane wrote:

If you would still like to visit the area without the Ocean Lakes mess, check out Huntington Beach State Park just to the south of Myrtle Beach. Very nice park. Very quiet compared to the others in the area. From their website:
Standard Sites with Elec. & Water : 107 sites $21-41/site/night. Note: Rates listed do not include applicable sales tax and nonrefundable transaction fee.

Full Hookup Sites with Elec, Water, Sewer : 24 sites at $24-47/site/night. Note: Rates listed do not include applicable sales tax and nonrefundable transaction fee.

See more here http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/huntingtonbeach/camping.aspx

Magnus

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Does OL allow UTV's?

tsmith
Explorer
Explorer
noe-place wrote:
I would never have believed they have ocean sites open in June. :h

Most of the time the sites are open for a day or two...

Todd
2007 Cedar Creek Silverback 33LBHTS
2011 F-350

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I would never have believed they have ocean sites open in June. :h

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
Well thanks for rubbing it in about the open sites, but SOMEONE has to stay home and keep working while you guys go play.
Oh, I forgot, I'm not an "OL is my favorite place at MB" person. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Gary

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Quiet a few security folks out about 3pm. Saw at least 5 security vehicles circling. Busy. But not out of control.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
tsmith wrote:
Several sites are open near the ocean...

Todd

Some back in the 4000 section as well. It's so quiet back here, the entertainment yesterday was watching the neighbor seal his roof. Lol
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L