cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ocean Lakes (Myrtle Beach, SC) 6/22/13 - 7/6/13

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Woohoo....just finishing up this last night of work and I will be off for about 18 days. We are heading to Ocean Lakes on Saturday (6/22/13) and will be there until Saturday (7/6/13). We will be in site #4107. Feel free to come by and say hi. I still have some koozies to give away and a limited supply of hash browns. So first come, first serve on those.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
35 REPLIES 35

northmeck0255
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:

Northmeck. That's what the city water inlet on the camper .

Your rig, your call!
2010 Airstream 27FB Classic Limited
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah we took our regulator off last night and noticed a considerable difference.

Northmeck. That's what the city water inlet on the camper is for.

byrdr... Lots of people leaving today and others coming in as soon as they are gone. Wife and I were talking about after the 4 night minimum thing is over in August, that we could come down on a Friday night after she gets off work and just stay in the Walmart parking lot until the next morning and then come in at 11am when the site is open. Would save from wasting the money for a night when we wouldn't get in until 9pm anyway.

It's been pretty busy. I imagine it will be even busier this coming week. Bt everyone has been behaving pretty well. Security seems to be doing a good job. Haven't had any loudness back where we are. Matter of fact we don't hardly hear any gc's at night like we used to up front. I think this is the ideal place to be during this time of the year, especially if you have a gc and can get around that way. Sites are larger. More room to spread out. Only thing missing is the paved pads. Posted a picture in the campsite photo thread.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
OK. So I just went on a bicycle surveillance run and probably 8/10 were not using them. I stopped one of the maintenance workers and asked him directly. He said they were not needed down here. And to add to that they have over 20 fairly new rental trailers set up. None of them have H2O regulators on them at all. I've camped down here since 2001 and have always dealt with low pressure..until today!!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood ,
you are killing me with all your descriptions of the campground..Can you just give us a day by day of whats going on? I miss camping already and I just got back from the area. Dang ole' work just gets in the way of fun. I think I will driveway camp tonight just to get that feeling in my soul. OceanLakes Next May cant come quick enough. I got few more this year but this thread is working me up.
๐Ÿ™‚
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

Community Alumni
Not applicable
CampingN.C. wrote:
Funny this thread is going as I was going to start one about water pressure. We're at MBTP right now and I've noticed not many people are using them. Going to take mine off in the morning. Shower pressure is useless with it on. Can't imagine water pressure at this place exceeding over 100psi.

To be honest, the pressure at MBTP is much better during the winter months as opposed to the summer months when the park is essentially full all the time. I have a 50 psi regulator on the coach input all the time anyway. We spend about 160 days a year in it so we've pretty much gotten used to the pressure.

We have the same issue at our park here in the NY Adirondacks where we are currently camping. On busy weekends, the pressure drops. What makes it worse here in NY, the state now mandates that campgrounds install a reverse-flow limiter on each spigot to mitigate back-flow contamination from rv's. it also restricts pressure a little.

... Eric

northmeck0255
Explorer
Explorer
Guys,

IMO, you should only use the CG water line for filling your on board tank. I you leave it connected and turned on, then spring a leak while you're down enjoying watching the young ladies on the beach, your rig will be half-filled with water when you return.

I always draw from the on board tank via the pump, which I shut off before leaving the rig. Just don't want to accidentally become a "U-Boat Commander"!!
2010 Airstream 27FB Classic Limited
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Funny this thread is going as I was going to start one about water pressure. We're at MBTP right now and I've noticed not many people are using them. Going to take mine off in the morning. Shower pressure is useless with it on. Can't imagine water pressure at this place exceeding over 100psi.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:
wbwood wrote:
I just took off the filter and didn't notice difference. Will take off the regulator next and see.

I bet MBTP has better water pressure! :W. :B

... Eric

Hope so. Y'all need something for all that money you pay. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Took off regulator and much better.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Community Alumni
Not applicable
wbwood wrote:
I just took off the filter and didn't notice difference. Will take off the regulator next and see.

I bet MBTP has better water pressure! :W. :B

... Eric

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Yeah we always use one and the pressure is low. Not sure if its the regulator or the filter. But it was low our first time out up in virginia. Not sure if its the camper or the regulator/filter. might take off the filter and see how it goes then.

The hose we have connected to wash the golf cart and our feet seems to have good pressure.

I think its the regulator. Last time we were there I asked a few folks and none of them used one. They said the pressure was perfect without it and too low with it. I had mine on an definetly concur the pressure is too low. I am going bare this time.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah we always use one and the pressure is low. Not sure if its the regulator or the filter. But it was low our first time out up in virginia. Not sure if its the camper or the regulator/filter. might take off the filter and see how it goes then.

The hose we have connected to wash the golf cart and our feet seems to have good pressure.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Ncfamilyof6
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Loving the large site we have here. We have our motorhome parked with awning out, our utility trailer parked and could put 3 golf carts between awning and utility trailer.

But there is one issue: the same people keep cutting through our site. Trying to maintain the peace as its not constant traffic, but a couple times a day that we see. They are going back and forth between sites that are 3 rows from each other. So they are cutting through others as well. Not a big problem, just rude. Will try to bite my tongue a little longer.

That stinks. People should at least ask before cutting through your site on such a regular basis.