cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ocean view trailer sites?

jpochard
Explorer
Explorer
I will be headed down the west coast from Washington to SanFrancisco this fall (sept-Oct). I would love to spend at least a few nights with a great ocean view spot. It doesn't have to have a beach - high up looking down is fine. I have a 19 ft TT with Ford F-150.

I'd love to have suggestions! My preferences are quiet, electric and water hook up - but open to dry camping as well.
10 REPLIES 10

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
And alternative to direct views (from one side of one loop on a bluff), is camping just behind the driftwood and row of dunes. You can't see the ocean, but can walk to it, and track the sand into your RV. Popular Cape Disappointment SP in Washington comes to mind. I was going to suggest Gold Bluffs beach in Prairie Creek Calif. SP, but I see that's a no-trailer campground (due to the access road).

jpochard
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the info! Checking dates and availability.

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Hold out for Gold Beach, Or, take the mail boat ride up the Rouge River to the Farmhouse for lunch. Many RV parks in Gold Beach.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well if you get a reservation you might look at site #63 at Beachside SP in Oregon. Located just south of Waldport. This site the rear and passenger side of your RV face the Ocean.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Votes for Pacific Beach State Park electric only water and dump site at park or Sea Perch full hookups
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Make reservations: >>>>Sea Perch RV Resort

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ocean cove campground (private) can give you the higher elevation views while camping on the bluffs. For an at sea level campground, Wrights Beach has 8-10 campsites within a short walk to the surf with unobstructed views. It's commonly booked out months in advance with better chances during the week. Wrigjts beach is in Sonoma County. Ocean Cove is maybe 25 miles north. I would stay 2 nights at each if possible.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Sea and sand near lincoln city and Salmon Harbor at Winchester Bay south of Reedaport are two top choices.

Be aware that Salmon Harbor at Winchester Bay cancellation policy will result in transferring your deposit to another future date but you don't get your refund back in cash.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sea and sand near lincoln city and Salmon Harbor at Winchester Bay south of Reedaport are two top choices.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
In Washington, Pacific Beach state park has great views and access. Make sure you get reservations ASAP to get the best sites.
Also Fort Casey has sites at waters edge and you can watch the ferry's go by. Same as PB, get resi's early.